Blast multiple commands on suspend (1 Viewer)

Dan Turley

March 4, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've been using IRSS for years and it works very well.

I have an HTPC with A/V receiver and HDTV. I use IRSS to turn the receiver and TV on and off when the HTPC turns on and off. I have the power command for the receiver and the command for the TV programmed into translator. Then I have a macro which blasts both power commands (on different ports), and I set the macro to run when the system is suspended or resumed.

This works great if the system is setup to hibernate, however as you know the remote control cannot turn the PC on when it is hibernated - that only works in sleep mode.

My problem is if I use sleep mode instead of hibernate, the computer seems to go to sleep too quickly and only one command is blasted. So whichever command I have listed first is the device which is turned off. When the computer comes back from sleep it actually blasts the second command, turning the second device off, then it executes the macro for resume and turns both devices back on.

Is there any way to have both commands blast simultaneously (on different ports), or is there a way to keep the computer from sleeping for just a few milliseconds until the macro completes?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This works great if the system is setup to hibernate, however as you know the remote control cannot turn the PC on when it is hibernated - that only works in sleep mode.
    As no one has suggested a software solution, I will suggest two possible hardware solutions that enable you to use your IR remote control to wake your HTPC from hibernation.

The most elegant solution is to use the Simerec device:

http://www.simerec.com/

However, it is a bare circuit board, and you need to decide where to position it so that it can receive the IR signals from the remote control. Also, your HTPC may have proprietary cabling between the motherboard and the power button on the system unit, making the Simerec unit difficult to install (my Dell XPS420 is like this).

There is an alternative solution, which I have described in another forum; see this post:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2100&p=71731#p71731

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom