Bleazle V7.1 and Mp 1.1 ALPHA? (1 Viewer)

Cuitlahac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2008
    Göttingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks,

anyone out there already had the "cojones" ;) to try our most loved skin with the MP 1.1 Alpha?
    Does it work?

The update-addicted nerd I am plays with the idea to make the step to MP 1.1 ALPHA - but only if BleazleWide skin works with that version.
    That's a MUST ;)
    But I read that there were some major changes also in the skin engine of MP 1.1, so I still hesitate. And before I spend hours of uninstalling, installing, configuring and finally restoring my backup again, I thought it could be wise to ask here before I start that action next weekend:D

It's clear that the new features (don't even know what they are) of the skin engine wouldn't be used/supportet by BW7.1. But if the basic functions work as i'm used to it, it would be ok for me.

Well, any comments from here?

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    .....Well, any comments from here?

Yep, one from me - I won't be rushing to support MP 1.1 Alpha - I don't have time at the moment plus I would rather wait until it's at least at the "RC" stage. Let me know how you get on with it though and if the skin works OK etc. Good luck with it!!

Have you had a look at MP2 yet? I have and to be honest I didn't really like it. I know it's only a Tech demo at this stage but I just didn't "warm" to it. I'm sure that's probably just because I'm used to MP as it is now (and MP2 reminded me a bit too much of MCE) - hopefully MP2 will be as good (and as stable as) we are being lead to believe. I'm not sure if BleazeWide will have a future when MP2 is released but we'll see, that's a way off yet...

Bleazle

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    What ver. of MP2 are you referring to? The tech-demo was released in December 2007....

I can only assure you that MP2-skinning will be something else. I'm confident that the MP2 skinengine's capabilities will amaze you (once the pro's get busy... :D).

Cuitlahac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2008
    Göttingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep, one from me - I won't be rushing to support MP 1.1 Alpha - I don't have time at the moment plus I would rather wait until it's at least at the "RC" stage.

That's ok, Dave. I already thought so and my question was not meant to set you under pressure.;)
    I just wanted to know if anybody already tried it. But it doesn't seem so.:(

I think I'll stick with MP 1.02 and wait at least for the RC1, too. My MP 1.0.2 works 98% perfect for me. After reading some ALPHA-related threads I think it's too early for me to switch to 1.1.

Have you had a look at MP2 yet? I have and to be honest I didn't really like it. I know it's only a Tech demo at this stage but I just didn't "warm" to it. I'm sure that's probably just because I'm used to MP as it is now (and MP2 reminded me a bit too much of MCE) - hopefully MP2 will be as good (and as stable as) we are being lead to believe. I'm not sure if BleazeWide will have a future when MP2 is released but we'll see, that's a way off yet...

Bleazle

I only read some statements from the devs. MP2-developer Albert gave a very interesting statement here.
    I must say that this sounds very promising to me. MP2 will be very flexible and modular, so once it is ready it should be a great leap forward. And because of the modularity there could come up a lot of nice plugins and extensions for it one day. But the devs estimate it will take about one more year of development until it can replace Mp 1. So we will have a lot of time to enjoy MP 1.1.
    I really don't think that the techdemo shows the recent state of development. It's far too old. I think Albert and the other devs did (or still do?) a complete rewrite of most of the code since the preview. I really look forward to the future version(s) of Mediaportal.

And Dave: I really hope that someday there will be a BleazleWide II for my MP II...:D:D

Cheers,
    Michael

nanogod

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2007
    Bamberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I recently had a look, how skinning in MP2 will work, and i must say: we will see totally new, amazing and innovative skins. A WPF like Framework (is this, how it is called?) and XAML will offer a whole new galaxy of possibilities ;-)

Just my 2 Cents...:)

meq123

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Tried Bleazlewide with 1.1.0 Alpha and 4TR just now (briefly). First thing to note is that the skin file locations have now changed - they've moved from %ProgramData% to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\...".

Having said that, the skin works with some caveats. Various button labels have disappeared (see attached screenshot). This occurs on several screens, not just the one shown, and appears random to me (though those of you who design/implement skins might see a pattern). Note: the buttons still work (if you can remember what they do!)

Must say there are some nice things about the 1.1 Alpha that improve on the old 1.0.2, and I haven't seen any downsides (apart from skin incompatibilities :) ) yet.

<EDIT>: Hmmm. Now I've gone back to Blue3Wide and that's showing the missing labels too! I'm pretty sure that they were there before, but can't, now, be certain :oops: I deleted the cache and retried the skins but still gone. Rats. May need to reinstall and re-check.

Attachments

• BW.gif
      BW.gif
      123.2 KB

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I think you'll need to move the language\fortherecord_[lang].xml files to the new location too.

meq123

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think you'll need to move the language\fortherecord_[lang].xml files to the new location too.

Yep. That fixed it for both BlueWide and Bleazle. Thanks Mr.dvdfreak!

So Bleazle does seem to work OK.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom