Bleazlewide compatibility with 1.0.1 & TVSeries? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

errfoil

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm planning a fresh install with MP 1.0.1 and the new stable TVSeries 2.2. Do I need to wait for Bleazelwide to catch up? I'm reading that there are numerous changes in the new TVSeries, in particular, that need support from the skin.

How about a roadmap for the Bleazel skin, differentiating between bug fixes/compatibility changes vs. new features added? Give us a peak at your thoughts and plans for the skin, please.

And last but not least, thanks for building a great skin:)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey errfoil,

I'm working on things right now, but the short answer is "no", you don't need to wait for the new version of BleazleWide - go ahead and install 1.0.1 :)

The current version of BleazleWide will work but you might want to open the "references.xml" file and change the version number to 1.0.1 to avoid the "out of date message". I don't use the built in TVPlugin (I use ForTheRecord, and highly recommend it!) but I think you'll be OK if you do - worst case scenario, use B3W until I get the new version out....

With regard to TVSeries, just drop the B3W that come with the new release into the appropriate BleazleWide directories - it will work fine....

I recommend backing up your TVSeries fanart because I found that the new version didn't grab fanart for everything - including series which I already had fanart for (so I just dropped it into the cache folder..)

OK - the Roadmap for BleazleWide:

1. Work out how to fit a new AGP graphics card into my budget!! - After making the basic changes to make BleazleWide compatible I noticed a big drop in performance with regard to live TV playing while looking through My Music etc (stuttery playback..). I've only got a 128MB AGP card so it is obviously struggling with things...

OK - the real roadmap!

Already done:
    - Fading hover images and selection bar in Home and Plugins Home screens
    - Complete rework of all fonts - slashed the fonts cache size! :)
    - Reduced the size of all Media files (ran through PNGGauntlet)

To finish...
    - reworking of MY Videos - to show video/music now playing
    - resizing of small "slide in graphics" to get proportionality correct
    - Recorded TV thumbs, for standard MP TVPlugin and the new version of ForTheRecord
    - Tweak TVSeries layout - won't be too different to the default B3W skin included with the plugin...
    - Get the "current video & music playing" rectangle showing the info I want it to show....
    - Change the Filmstrip layout - I don't like the jagged edges that the angled filmstrip view gives so I'm changing to a more "traditional" filmstrip view....

...probably some other stuff that I can't think of right now, or haven't come across yet! :mad: :D I think it will be a week or so before the new version is released.

I'd better get back to it :) The wife loves the fact that I'm stuck on the computer while she watches TV without me... (not really!)

Bleazle

erisan500

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2004
    Oppuurs
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I upgraded MP to 1.0.1.0 but still using Bleazle 1.0.0.0. I noticed that there are no items in "Recorded TV" while BlueTwoWide shows them perfectly. Is this a known issue?

Keep up the good work. :D

Greetings,
    EriSan

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I upgraded MP to 1.0.1.0 but still using Bleazle 1.0.0.0. I noticed that there are no items in "Recorded TV" while BlueTwoWide shows them perfectly. Is this a known issue?

Keep up the good work. :D

Greetings,
    EriSan

yep - it's due to a change in MP 1.0.1. If you copy mytvrecordedtv.xml (and mytvrecordedtvchannel.xml & mytvrecordedtvgenre.xml if you want them) from the Blue3Wide directory to the BleazleWide directory you should be OK for now...

Cheers

Bleazle

K1lo

Portal Member
    November 22, 2008
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you copy mytvrecordedtv.xml (and mytvrecordedtvchannel.xml & mytvrecordedtvgenre.xml if you want them) from the Blue3Wide directory to the BleazleWide directory you should be OK for now...

Hi! I am having the same problem, but copying these files over doesn't seem to fix the issue for me :(

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you copy mytvrecordedtv.xml (and mytvrecordedtvchannel.xml & mytvrecordedtvgenre.xml if you want them) from the Blue3Wide directory to the BleazleWide directory you should be OK for now...

Hi! I am having the same problem, but copying these files over doesn't seem to fix the issue for me :(

mmm... that's no good... I assume that since erisan500 hasn't posted again that it worked for him - can you see your recorded TV if you switch to B3W? If you can, and if you've copied the correct files over you should be able to see your recorded TV in BleazleWide too.

Hopefully I'll have the skin to a point where I'm happy with it in the next few days so that I can get a few people to take a look at it before I release the next version.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Bleazle

petrovice

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Bamberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Bleazle,
    I can confirm, that copying the files will not fix the issue. Cache folder was cleared and the files were vom B3W.

Regards,
    Peter

erisan500

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2004
    Oppuurs
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    :sorry: for not getting back earlier, but i can confirm that it's not working with copying the files. (was kinda overloaded with some firewall and voip issues)

EriSan

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Bummer :( Oh well I guess B3W will have to be used for a bit :eek: :D...

BleazleWide V7 is being tested by a few people at the moment so once I sort out the problems they come across it'll be good to go. Unfortunately work/kids/wife keep getting in the way of getting things finished :( I know what you you guys are thinking - So? What's up with that? :rolleyes::D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom