"blocked accessing graphics hardware" when watching live TV (1 Viewer)

Rob Kettridge

Portal Member
October 12, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10 (had no problems on 7) and have come across an issue. Whilst watching live TV, the image freezes and I get the above error. Soon after the application restarts (although sometimes it doesn't.).

It used to come up with "display driver stopped responding but has successfully recovered", but reading some other forums it was suggested to tweak the registry to change the Tdrdelay which has lead to the current error.

TV server appears to be fine. I can record programmes fine and watch them back, I can connect from other clients and stream live tv or recorded programmes, I can watch dvd/blu ray rips on the server machine. It's just watching live TV or timeshifting live TV. I can't seem to pin down exactly what causes it. Sometimes it's as soon as you start a channel, sometimes having watching it for a few hours.

I've just updated to 1.13.0 from 1.12.0 and that has made no difference.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Rob

First, thanks for reporting. (y)

I'm not an expert with this stuff, but as far as I can see the problems start here:
    [2016-01-02 19:04:24,573] [Log ] [31 ] [INFO ] - Planescene caught GPU_HUNG in InternalPresentImage

My interpretation of this message is that the GPU driver or hardware has run into a problem. The cause is a mystery to me, but based on a quick forum search it looks like experts say it's usually due to driver issues. To be honest this doesn't surprise me. Intel's GPU support matrix says that your GPU is not supported for W10:
    2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000 January 2011 [Linux = Yes, note 4] [W7 = Yes] [W8 = Yes] [W8.1 = Yes, note 2] [W10 = No] Sandy Bridge

I don't think we can do anything about the problem.

Sorry,
    mm

Rob Kettridge

Portal Member
    October 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Hmm i feared that may be the problem. I'd read the motherboard didn't support windows 10 but didn't know the processor wasn't supported. Just seems odd that it can do everything and just balks every now and again. Would be good if someone could confirm that diagnosis. I was already considering upgrading the board and processor in this box and moving this one to my wife's windows7 machine that's seriously old.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just seems odd that it can do everything and just balks every now and again.
    Yeah, odd and I guess a bit frustrating. Unfortunately I have no additional insight into the situation. MediaPortal is just doing what it normally does, and then... BAM! Sorry again. Them's the breaks... :(

Rob Kettridge

Portal Member
    October 12, 2015
    Home Country
    On another tact... i'm presuming i could add a w10 compatible graphics card and just disable the onboard graphics?

Rob Kettridge

Portal Member
    October 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Just to follow this up. Have installed a windows 10 compatible nvidia card and the problem appears to have gone away. Created new ones but i'm sure i'll be back for those...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom