Blow WindowPlugins.dll to separate plugin DLLs (1 Viewer)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    It seems I'm doing this anyway so I've updated the first post to include the repository URL and progress information.

In the end, it is up to the MP Developers if they want to use my work or not.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I was almost sure that mostly all windows plugins have WindowPlugins.dll reference in code but I was wrong. So nothing prevent do this. Good job.
    Hope somehow you will add multithreading to plugins loading process to reduce its time even more.

Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK will be interested to see how this goes.

Just a couple of points to remember.
    TV plugin inherits from WindowPluginBase.cs
    There are also likely to be some third party plugins that do too.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @jameson_uk

Is Music playback supposed to work in the current Git version? I'm getting the error I described in the first post and I'm finding it hard to believe that my changes are causing it.

Strange thing is that music playback works fine if I enable ASIO. I also tried using MP version which don't have my changes and there music does not work either...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @jameson_uk

Is Music playback supposed to work in the current Git version? I'm getting the error I described in the first post and I'm finding it hard to believe that my changes are causing it.

Strange thing is that music playback works fine if I enable ASIO. I also tried using MP version which don't have my changes and there music does not work either...
    Yep music is working fine for me on master in GIT.
    The BASS version was bumped eight months ago but I think that was prior to 1.2.3 being released.
    How are you testing? Are you running a full build or are you just replacing some binaries?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @jameson_uk

Yep music is working fine for me on master in GIT.
    The BASS version was bumped eight months ago but I think that was prior to 1.2.3 being released.
    How are you testing? Are you running a full build or are you just replacing some binaries?

Well I first I replaced binaries but then I also created a full installer _with_ my modifications, full uninstall & deleted leftovers & install, same problem.

@Sebastiii just tried my modifications, everything is working fine for him including the music playback. Rockstar is also working in my setup fine, only Music plugin fails without ASIO.

I'll now create an installer _without_ my modifications, then complete uninstall & delete leftovers & install & test.

Last edited:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Same problem with current version from GIT master (without my modifications), full uninstall & created installer & installed

Code:
    2012-10-26 23:32:29.307915 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: BASS: Unable to create Stream for F:\Misc\Music Misc\06-brother_firetribe-heart_full_of_fire.mp3.  Reason: BASS_ERROR_UNKNOWN.
    2012-10-26 23:32:29.308915 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: BASS: Unable to play F:\Misc\Music Misc\06-brother_firetribe-heart_full_of_fire.mp3.  Reason: BASS_ERROR_HANDLE.

Last edited:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Same problem with current version from GIT master (without my modifications), full uninstall & created installer & installed

Code:
    2012-10-26 23:32:29.307915 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: BASS: Unable to create Stream for F:\Misc\Music Misc\06-brother_firetribe-heart_full_of_fire.mp3.  Reason: BASS_ERROR_UNKNOWN.
    2012-10-26 23:32:29.308915 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: BASS: Unable to play F:\Misc\Music Misc\06-brother_firetribe-heart_full_of_fire.mp3.  Reason: BASS_ERROR_HANDLE.

Strange stuff, this problem appears ONLY when using Asus Xonar DGX (without ASIO) which I recently bought. If I switch using to integrated audio device on my motherboard, the problem goes away!

EDIT: Definitely Xonar related problem: in the Xonar control panel there is a button called "GX", if I disable this everything is working fine. If I enable this, the problem is back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom