Blu-ray Freezes, no matter what (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    HomeY: even though my titles may be BD-J, it should still play the title, correct? But it does not in regular running mode (as opposed to Debug). Thank you for indicating that they are BD-J titles. Is there anyway that I can enable it to play just the title of these movies? It should do that according to the release.
    Yes, in normal mode, when the popup comes up, and you select the 'Title' (so not MENU), it should indeed play. Unless the disc structure is so bad that BDReader doesn't know which Title the main movie is, but that only happens very rarely.
    Sebastiii: I can try that for testing purposes but I would prefer to get it working with DVDFab since I've bought a lifetime subscription for Passkey. Most of the decoders are enabled with LAV filter other than a few obscure ones, I'll enable them too though if you think it will help.

Thanks again you guys,
    Best way to eliminate DVDFab from the process is to rip the disc to your HDD (with protection removed) and then try to play the disc in MP with Title Mode.

If that doesn't work, then we need logs from that test.

Last edited:

j.man1503

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 19, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Title mode: It does play in title mode while I am running Debug, but not normal.
    Rip to HDD: I have already done this and it plays fine. If I rip it to my PC, all the discs that I have tried (which are already on my PC) play fine through Moving Pictures. So you're thinking it is a problem with DVDFab, even though it works fine in Debug mode (meaning, DVDFab is correctly decrypting it).[DOUBLEPOST=1362945713][/DOUBLEPOST]Rip to HDD: actually, I take that back. They're ripped to my harddrive via MakeMKV, which means it no longer is in the Bluray file structure. I'll have to rip it to that and see what the result is like you said.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, after this info i think it might very well be DVDFab, although i'm not saying it's DVDFab it's fault (since somehow it works in debug mode for you). You could give it a try with a trial of AnyDVD HD just to compare results.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Title mode: It does play in title mode while I am running Debug, but not normal.
    Rip to HDD: I have already done this and it plays fine. If I rip it to my PC, all the discs that I have tried (which are already on my PC) play fine through Moving Pictures.

Moving Pictures doesn't yet support the internal Blu-ray player in MediaPortal.

j.man1503

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 19, 2012
    Home Country
    tourettes: I messed up, I meant to say, that I can play the .mkv file of my ripped blu-ray discs in Moving Pictures, not the Blu-ray file structure itself (whether directly off a disc or ripped to harddrive via DVDFab or AnyDVD HD).

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

j.man1503

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Well, I uninstalled every plugin (except LAV filters) switched back to DefaultWide skin and attempted to open the disc simply by selecting the title (since it is a BD-J disc). Again, MediaPortal freezes on me! What the heck? I'm not understanding why MP works better in Debug mode than in regular mode. Is there simply no hope for my setup to play Blu-rays from the disc? I really would like that feature.

Thanks in advance, it's driving me crazy!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Maybe we can try remote assistance (teamviewer) later and see what happen ?
    Thanks.

j.man1503

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Okay, I would be grateful for that! Please let me know when is an acceptable time. Perhaps sometime today? If not, that's okay. Let me know. Thanks so much.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm on IRC right now :) you can join me there : webchat.freenode.net #mediaportal :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom