Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (2 Viewers)

yahoodee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 17, 2006
    Frankfurt am Main
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    24hz

Hi,
    i would like to switch to 24hz before playing the blu ray. would it be a problem to start a batch with this plugin wich switches to 24hz -> starts tmt -> switches back to 60hz on exit or will that break this plug-in?

some pre-/post-execution parameters would be nice. and also an option to change the display name of the plugin and the icon.

thanks in advance

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi,
    i would like to switch to 24hz before playing the blu ray. would it be a problem to start a batch with this plugin wich switches to 24hz -> starts tmt -> switches back to 60hz on exit or will that break this plug-in?

some pre-/post-execution parameters would be nice. and also an option to change the display name of the plugin and the icon.

You can always create a small .bat file that does following:

1) switch refresh rate
    2) start MCE....exe
    3) switch refresh rate back

and use that as the executable name.

When I find some time I'll add the native support for refresh rate change & detection, but that might take while...

mobius1980

Portal Member
    January 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Arcsoft plugin opens player on wrong monitor

Hi All,

First off, let me say... AWESOME JOB on the plugin. All in all it works like a charm.

My only problem and I am quite sure it is a problem with Arcsoft and not you plugin is that when I select watch BluRay, it opens Arcsoft on my primary monitor and not my Media Portal monitor.

I was wondering if anyone has found a solution for this.

What I have tried:
    - Dragging Arcsoft across, restarting to see if stores position - No good.
    - Looked through settings within Arcsoft MCE and standalone - No good.
    - Looked in Media Portals plugin config. - No good.

Any help on this mater will be greatly appreciated and rewarded with the best of wishes and on going good luck for 2009... :D

da-anda

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    as MP is providing a option to automount ISO files with deamonTools, will there be a way to select a BD-ISO file in Video-menu and launch TMT then? It'll also be nice if this plugin could let you choose which drive letter to use (native bluray drive or deamonTools). Any way to get this in for the MP1.0.1 version of this plugin?

Btw - I noticed that the performance of TMT is not the best compared to PowerDVD 7.3. TMT has a far higher cpu usage :( Anybody else noticed this?

musa

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    Hmm, isn't that how you mount ISOs in the first place? If your isos are inside your video directories, it will be shown in MP along with your other video files. Then you select the iso files and they will be auto-mounted in MP via daemon tools. And the mounted iso will be shown as whatever drive you configured it to be in daemon-tools. Just open TMT and it will play the mounted iso.

And I don't get why people are bothered by how programs utilize cpu usage. As long the program works, then it shouldn't matter right? Unless you are multitasking programs using a htpc which is not what I'm doing.

I still think PDVD sucks compared to TMT btw.

Anyway I have a problem with the arcsoft plugin now. I re-installed MP fresh and the latest SVN. But I couldn't install the MPI. Doubleclicking on the MPI doesn't work. Tried installing it using the MPI tool in MP configuration, it sorta works but gives an error and I had to cancel the installation of the plugin. Anybody having the same problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom