Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (2 Viewers)

DaMenaCe

Portal Pro
August 2, 2007
I have the same "problem" with MPI. Double click on MPI with the latest SVN does not work anymore.

htpcfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The same here, but find a solution. In Windows Start in the Programs->Team MediaPortal->MediaPortal Folder you find the tool "MediaPortal Plugins Skin Installer". In this tool is a Button named "Install local extension" ... Just install the extension with this button and the installation will start.

da-anda

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, isn't that how you mount ISOs in the first place? If your isos are inside your video directories, it will be shown in MP along with your other video files. Then you select the iso files and they will be auto-mounted in MP via daemon tools. And the mounted iso will be shown as whatever drive you configured it to be in daemon-tools. Just open TMT and it will play the mounted iso.

The point is, that I'd like TMT to startup automatically after automounting the ISO, with the correct drive letter preconfigured - so instant "click and play". For anything else I would not need a mediacenter software at all.

matjazr

Portal Member
    December 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    is not easy way...i try via deamoon tools and Arcsoft anyway wont play the movie....this solution not work good ;)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    is not easy way...i try via deamoon tools and Arcsoft anyway wont play the movie....this solution not work good ;)

Please see the first post

- Auto play support (possible with MP >1.0.1)

This will solve the ISO issue as when the daemon tools are mounting the image MP will get autoplay event that will be sent to any interested 3rd party pluings (Arcsoft plugin in this case). And the playback should work automatically.

...unfortunately I have been really busy with other things (MediaPortal & real life) so I haven't had any time for developing this plugin. Unfortunately currently cannot promise exact dates when I have some free time available to continue the development, sorry.

Also I have only one blu-ray disk currently, so the priority for this plugin is not the biggest one, but maybe that will change if my mailbox suddenly gets filled up with new blu-ray disks :)

da-anda

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks - that's what I wanted to hear :) (the autoplay stuff).

My bluRay collection increased from 0 up to 16 about three weeks ago, as a major electronic store in Germany sold bluRays for only 15,- € on a special marketing event :D

o0X0o

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    And I don't get why people are bothered by how programs utilize cpu usage. As long the program works, then it shouldn't matter right? Unless you are multitasking programs using a htpc which is not what I'm doing.

Because most modern processors still struggle with smooth Bluray playback without hardware acceleration, and TMT has some specific issues with this in some cases. That's why the plugin has options to minimise and pause rendering of MP (i.e. becuase lots of people have issues).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    And I don't get why people are bothered by how programs utilize cpu usage. As long the program works, then it shouldn't matter right? Unless you are multitasking programs using a htpc which is not what I'm doing.

Because most modern processors still struggle with smooth Bluray playback without hardware acceleration, and TMT has some specific issues with this in some cases. That's why the plugin has options to minimise and pause rendering of MP (i.e. becuase lots of people have issues).

Actually its GPU's that have issues when MP and Arcsoft player are running at the same time :)

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    To the DEV of this plugin, please go to the link below and fill out the form to put this plugin in the master plugin list. I hope this takes off and becomes very useful to ALL users of MP. Just copy and paste the fileds from the first post to fill out into your post, and fill them out. then anytime there is an update to your plugin, please update that post in that topic as well.

Thanks

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/master-plugin-list-54678/

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    To the DEV of this plugin, please go to the link below and fill out the form to put this plugin in the master plugin list. I hope this takes off and becomes very useful to ALL users of MP. Just copy and paste the fileds from the first post to fill out into your post, and fill them out. then anytime there is an update to your plugin, please update that post in that topic as well.

Currently the plugin is beta, so better not to list it yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom