Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (5 Viewers)

induktor

Portal Member
October 18, 2008
blank screen when TMT starts playing

Hi.
I have a small problem with this plugin, not sure if is a plugin problem o a totalmedia problem: when I put the disc and the TMT launches, the screen goes blank into low power mode, and does not come back, I know TMT is playing because of the sound, but no video.

If I press Skip forward in the remote, the video comes back, and everything works perfectly from here.

any idea what can cause this?

happened with the computer LCD monitor (20" DELL) and with the 32" Samsung LCD tv via HDMI as well.

thank you
Indkt.

aes

Portal Member
July 4, 2007
is it possible to launch the app from a button on a hauppauge remote?

Or what would be even better is to get it to launch automatically after mounting an iso if thats possible?

ok sorted the above needed the udf2.5 thing for windows xp ok next question and its only me being picky but is it possible to hide the deamon tools "Mount Image" diaglog box that appears when you go to mount an iso?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    to launch arcsoft MP plugin via remote,
    install shortcuter MP plugin (link in my sig)
    find the plugin ID (look at the start of the relevant plugins .xml skin file)
    assign keyboard shortcut to arcsoft MP plugin
    now you can start the plugin using keyboard shortcut
    final step is to assign one of the buttons on your remote to emulate the keyboard shortcut.

Domini0n

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Yeah but that TV is not really suited to watch normal TV on... ;) Is it?
    Depends on how much 4:3 content you have.
    16:9 looks very good even with those slight black borders on the left an right.

I don't like black bars on the top and the bottom, so definitely do not like bars on the left and right. However this is of course personal and the TV is a nice way to get a cinema in your house without a beamer. ;)

chimbochoc

Portal Member
    July 11, 2008
    I am using TMT3 and for some reason Blu-ray movies studder after when launching from Media Portal, as soon as I close Media Portal the studder goes away.
    I have tried the suspend rendering and minimize media portal options but doesn't help!
    I just don't know why it does this, it never use to and I just don't know what caused it!

Could be some plugin that is doig it's work on background or GPU might be running on low of RAM (MP will reserve GPU memory even when minimized).

Would suspend rendering not free up gpu memory??
    I will investigate my plugins!

hi diablosv, tourettes,

same problem here... did you already find out what caused the problem?

thanks and best regards,
    chimbo

diablosv

Portal Member
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Could be some plugin that is doig it's work on background or GPU might be running on low of RAM (MP will reserve GPU memory even when minimized).

hi diablosv, tourettes,

thanks and best regards,
    chimbo
    I use to use MediaStream for a skin but have changed to Black Glass, and the stutter has seemed to gone away now.
    Maybe MediaStream uses alot of video memory!?

chimbochoc

Portal Member
    July 11, 2008

hi diablosv, tourettes,

thanks and best regards,
    chimbo
    I use to use MediaStream for a skin but have changed to Black Glass, and the stutter has seemed to gone away now.

I have tested it again and the issue seems to occur independent of the skin (occured with streamedmp, blue3wide, blue2wide).
    It seems that hardware decoding in TMT does not work if MediaPortal is running in the background, but only for H.246 encoded BluRays. VC-1 BluRays decode fine with 10% CPU even if MediaPortal is running in the background...

Any ideas? :confused:

diablosv

Portal Member
    November 1, 2008
    Home Country
    hi diablosv, tourettes,

thanks and best regards,
    chimbo

I have tested it again and the issue seems to occur independent of the skin (occured with streamedmp, blue3wide, blue2wide).
    It seems that hardware decoding in TMT does not work if MediaPortal is running in the background, but only for H.246 encoded BluRays. VC-1 BluRays decode fine with 10% CPU even if MediaPortal is running in the background...

Any ideas? :confused:
    I know the small few blu-rays ive played recently have been going fine, but I will have a better look at this later and try the different codecs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom