Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (3 Viewers)

mickyblue

Portal Pro
June 13, 2005
Brisbane Australia
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
... I once tested it some month ago and it worked fine. Now, I ordered a license - and it's no more working :-(

So: has anyboy an idea where to get an older version and how this can be used with a "late" license?

I have just purchased the latest platinum version and its work fine for me i just cant figure out how to hide the huge splashscreen but i can live with it if theres is no fix

when you say its not working what actually happens?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player

... I once tested it some month ago and it worked fine. Now, I ordered a license - and it's no more working :-(

So: has anyboy an idea where to get an older version and how this can be used with a "late" license?

I have just purchased the latest platinum version and its work fine for me i just cant figure out how to hide the huge splashscreen but i can live with it if theres is no fix

when you say its not working what actually happens?

it is starting and I can use it, but only with basic keys - I have problems with some functions (I had not before) ... so you can access the Menu with DVD-Menu Switch and reach context etc.?

starlight

Portal Member
    October 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    i installed the plugin on with the latest MP SVN and have a no go.
    I'm using XP Sp3 with a ATI HD3300 Chipset und BlueWide3 Skin.

The first problem is that the button with blueray player text ist empty, just a menu button without description.
    When i choose the entry. MP disappears but no player is started.

I choose'd the MCE plugin directory in the configuration and configured the right drive. Also autostart is not working.

Any clues or hints or is the plugin incompatible with the latest SVN

peter

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player

First of all, thanks tourettes for this really great plugin!

But if I'm launching this plugin MediaPortal will be minimized instantly, so I see for about 3 minutes my Windows 7 desktop... Is the time really so long until the theatre is started?

I use girder and SendMessage to communicate with MP, is there any ability to control the Player?

jlapin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2009
    Re : Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player

bonjour,

je viens de faire une nouvelle installation de mediaportal avec les dernières svn. Par contre je rencontre des problèmes pour l'installation des plugins du genre showtime, arcsoft...(mediaportal m'informe que les plugins utilisent l'ancien installeur)
    j'ai bien dans le menu démarrer mpi maker, mais je n'arrive pas à les convertir. Pouvez vous me filer un coup de main.

merci

hello,

I just did a fresh install of MediaPortal with the latest svn. By cons I having problems installing plugins such showtime, arcsoft ... (MediaPortal informs me that plugins using the old installer)
    I have in the start menu mpi maker, but I can not convert them. Can you give me a hand.

thank you

SitheSly

Portal Member
    August 12, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi All,

I have just rebuild my machine using the latest SVN, but when i try to load this plugin, i get a message about it being an old installer then it aborts with the attached message. Is this linked to the new MP installer being created and any ideas on how i install this cracking plug in?

Cheers

Si

Attachments

• arcsoft plugin.png
      arcsoft plugin.png
      49 KB

jlapin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2009
    Re : Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player

rename the plugin with the extension. mpi can do right click with your mouse and select open with mpi install

SitheSly

Portal Member
    August 12, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I have tried the suggested with no luck, the original file has the .mpi extension as downloaded.

Plus it works on MP1.1 installed on my laptop, without any SVN updates.

So to me its related to the SVN, i'll wait for RC1, coming soonish (Next month was the last comment i read about it.)

Cheers

Si

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player

Firstly, nice job on the plug-in.

I don't have an issue with the actual plug-in. I'm having an issue with the mce plug-in provided by arcsoft and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue or knows how to fix it.

The blu-ray discs play fine. The issue I'm having is with the remote. It just isn't working until I disable keyboard shortcuts (CTRL-Z). I can't find out how to turn these off by default!!! Anyone know of a registry or config setting somewhere that will turn this crap off by default?

It looks as if the issue is not the keyboard shortcuts. If I browse to the menu, using the mouse, the remote starts to work :confused::confused::confused::confused:

.. to bring this up again ... I gave the arcsoft plugin and player another chance and encounter the same - did anybody find a solution? Using latest .160 Version (platinum).

@Tourettes: Are you still using this plugin? Maybe you can give us some help about your (working?) configuration?

Thanks, Guzzi

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    total media theatre has gone from great to total crap in about 8 weeks. the "update" bug in their code started it. I upgraded to win7 and with version 2 and all latest patches, I have audio, but no video in the MCE player.

I downloaded a trial of version 3, it is hampered by dolby restrictions (but not powerdvd, wonder how they get away with it) so I get no sound with the full player. I applied the patch to this trial too. still no sound. MCE player does not work at all anymore on my system.

Really sucks.....

I wish powerdvd would make a plugin for MCE like arcsoft did....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom