Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (2 Viewers)

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
October 29, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
well your system specs say you have win xp.
can you access the file-structure of the BD with the windows explorer?
can you start playback of the BD with the arcsoft player by clicking on play?

if not, you could try and install a udf 2.5 driver (just google it), that could fix it.

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
Ok, so using the new version now and when i pop in a blu-ray, it doesn't autoplay so I click on my link on the home screen and the first thing I get is a message saying "No Disc Found. Start the player anyway?". I click yes and it opens up the Arcsoft program but still doesn't autoplay the disc.

What am I missing here?

Did you disable CinePlayer support if you're using Arcsoft player?

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

if not, you could try and install a udf 2.5 driver (just google it), that could fix it.

Cool, that fixed it. Thought I'd installed it but it must have been missing from my backup. A little tweaking and its perfect. :D

Ok, so using the new version now and when i pop in a blu-ray, it doesn't autoplay so I click on my link on the home screen and the first thing I get is a message saying "No Disc Found. Start the player anyway?". I click yes and it opens up the Arcsoft program but still doesn't autoplay the disc.

What am I missing here?

Did you disable CinePlayer support if you're using Arcsoft player?

I've got it working and I haven't disabled the CinePlayer support. Should I?

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ok, one thing I have noticed is that if I stop the playback and press the back button on the mce remote, it doesn't close TotalMedia and return to Mepo. Any way to make this happen?

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
I've got it working and I haven't disabled the CinePlayer support. Should I?

You should really, as it sends a slightly different command to the player if its enabled. Only enable CinePlayer support if you are using CinePlayer... which you are not!

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006

Should MediaPortal autostart playback with with the latest builds of the plug-in becuase I couldn't get it to work?

I thought the developers had changed something so detecting Blu-rays didn't work at the moment. My build of the plug-in doesn't detect when a blu-ray has been inserted. You always have to manually start the player, although it doesn't say no disk has been detected.

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
October 29, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yes it should work, but only for 1.2beta and newer.

1. Enable autoplay for DVD (in Mediaportal Configuration -> DVD Discs/Images -> Video -> "play").
2. Enable Autoplay for BluRay and/or HD-DVD in the Plugin settings.

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
Yes it should work, but only for 1.2beta and newer.

1. Enable autoplay for DVD (in Mediaportal Configuration -> DVD Discs/Images -> Video -> "play").
2. Enable Autoplay for BluRay and/or HD-DVD in the Plugin settings.

Hmmmm strange as I'm running it under 1.2 beta and its not working. I just assumed it was still broken from before. Maybe I'll have a look at it the weekend.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
is it possible to get this plugin to be available on the MP extension installer?? It would be so nice to be able to manage\update this extension with that tool.

Thanks

mod77

Portal Member
January 3, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
i´ve got the following problem.
When i try to configure the Plugin in MediaPortal Configuration i get the following error:
After clicking OK, MediaPortal Configuration crashes.
Can someone tell me whats wrong?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    22.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom