Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (2 Viewers)

modtang

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Wollongong, NSW
    Home Country
    I just spent 2 hours going over all of this and finally got it working. Now I can access the Bonus Features on the single Blu-Ray disc I own. :p

Thank you. Now I have BD working in MP I will go and buy more of them.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

I have added the plugin and setup TotalMediaTheatre 5 and it works perfectly. One issue though, when I click on the menu item to play the BD disc, I get an error message behind the autoplay message saying "Missing or Invalid File:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team Meadiaportal\Mediaportal\Skin\Avalon\BluRayPlayerLauncher.xml".

I can still play the BD disc fine but how can I get rid of the error? Is it something this plugin is looking for or is it skin specific??

Thanks

Steven

Edit: Seems it is skin related

Edit2: Seems it may not be skin related, the skin is looking for BluRayPlayerLauncher.xml and I haven't found a skin yet that has this file. Any clues??

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006
    @ MacGuyver

I downloaded the source code and managed to get it to launch Roxio CinePlayer and start playing.

Here are the lines I changed, although you've made a lot of changes since the source code I downloaded. Maybe you can share it?

Code:
        /// <summary>
        /// Launch external player
        /// </summary>
        private void LaunchPlayer()
        {
          string _RoxioDriveLetter = _driveLetterInConfig + "\\";
          Log.Info("Blu-Ray Player Launcher: LaunchPlayer");
          Log.Info("Blu-Ray Player Launcher: PlayerPath" + " " + _playerExecutable);
          Log.Info("Blu-Ray Player Launcher: DriveLetter" + " " + _RoxioDriveLetter);
          ProcessStartInfo psi = new ProcessStartInfo();
          _playerProcess = new Process();
          psi.FileName = _playerExecutable;
          psi.Arguments = _RoxioDriveLetter;

I was hoping we could add to your source code and just add another player selection tab for CinePlayer that then uses the _driveLetterinConfig as an argument when launching the player.

Out of interest have you tried this for PowerDVD? This is all autoplay does so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ Iceman: should be skin-related. i doubt any skin has file for the plugin since noone created one.
    The "old" Beta8 includes 2 Skinfiles for the Blue/BlueWide Skin, you could use that one.
    You can find it here: https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/BluRayPlayerLauncher/ (or create your own one)
    I usually don't see the error, because mediaportal is minimized instantly on my computer and it's only comestical.

domb and all: you can find the latest source here: http://macgyver.karmafish.net/mediaportal/BluRayPlayerLauncher_source.rar

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    @ Iceman: should be skin-related. i doubt any skin has file for the plugin since noone created one.
    The "old" Beta8 includes 2 Skinfiles for the Blue/BlueWide Skin, you could use that one.
    You can find it here: https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/BluRayPlayerLauncher/ (or create your own one)
    I usually don't see the error, because mediaportal is minimized instantly on my computer and it's only comestical.

Yeah that sorted it. Thanks. I only see it because I get a message on the screen asking if I was to autoplay.

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006

Thanks for that. I've had a quick look at it. I'm no developer though so not sure what I'm doing really!

I might try and add a checkbox to the config page that sends the drive letter as an argument if its selected.

As far as I can see nothing special gets done when launching Arcsoft player does it? It doesn't do any keyboard translation or send any other arguments to it. It just launches the Arcsoft exe and Arcsoft player does the rest?

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006
    yes, right. nothing special for the arcsoft player. just maximizing the player-window, that's all.

Success! I've modified your source and added a button for Roxio CinePlayer support. On, it works for CinePlayer, off and it doesn't so it shouldn't break support for anything else. If you look at the changes I've made its very simple.

Perhaps you could merge it with your source if you've made any more changes?

Here it is.

http://www.domsyard.com/BluRayPlayerLauncher.zip

I was going to look at fixing autoplay support but have no idea where that stuff is documented for MediaPortal. I don't understand whats changed under 1.2.

Also...

I was thinking about an option to disable DVD support? Personally I think the player in MediaPortal is fine and its annoying when it launches another player just for DVD's.

Cheers

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006
    As its not been updated or merged thought I would add the built plug-in!

It now supports:

Arcsoft
    PowerDVD
    Roxio CinePlayer (select Arcsoft player and tick the Cineplayer support button)

INSTRUCTIONS

Download and copy it to:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows
    or
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows

DOWNLOAD

SCREENSHOT

bluraylauncherconfig.jpg

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Ok, so using the new version now and when i pop in a blu-ray, it doesn't autoplay so I click on my link on the home screen and the first thing I get is a message saying "No Disc Found. Start the player anyway?". I click yes and it opens up the Arcsoft program but still doesn't autoplay the disc.

What am I missing here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom