Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (7 Viewers)

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe this unregistering can be a part or option in the plugin?

musa

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    That is weird, installing Arcsoft or the plugin has never registered its codecs with preferred merits on my system... but Arcsoft uses its own codecs while it's active, ie playing your bluray/hddvd/dvd with the Arcsoft software will automatically use its arcsoft codec (the same goes for all 3rd party software, or else why sell them in the first place). Only when you exit Arcsoft software and go back in MP will the original codecs take over.

Arcsoft has shitty dvd playback, that's why I only use MP's internal player for dvds and video files.

Other than that, had no problems whatsoever with codecs. Could be your MP configuration settings for your video playback but then again it's your system so I wouldn't know.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Coreavc, ac3filter, ffdshow and nvidia purecodec. I've noticed when you do the upgrades to TMT it doesn't re-register them luckily.

musa

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    Hmm alright, unfortunately I don't know how nor understand how to read the log files... so I guess someone with more technical knowledge can care to help.

But if it helps... my codecs are from CCCP (with h264 playback turned off) and coreavc (without the Haali media splitter since CCCP has it).

Then I set my movies/dvds playback in MP config using MPV decoder, my h264 playback with coreavc and I just use the plugin to open up Arcsoft for my bluray/hddvd playback.

I don't remember doing anything to edit codec merits...

Oh, and I've yet to configure for TV since I haven't got a tuner card and I'm using an ATI if that matters.

That's about all from the top of my head as I'm at work now :p

ppeterr

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2008
    well....one quick question.

I'd like this player to be used in MP, with the option to select raw bluray video from a file menu.
    Got it working for powerdvd, but hell....could this work for this one ?

And is it possible, that the mceplugin didnt come with my software package overhere.
    I cant locate the exercutable, that the config needs

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tried the arcsoft player with my first purchased Bluray (Sweeny Todd). The player gives a black screen and doesn't seem to be doing much.

PowerDVD7.3 though, plays the disc fine... so for my it will be powerDVD i guess...

The unregistering of the filters installed by the Arcsoft player (about 12 filters!) resulted in the player not being able to start anymore. So this would also been a big problem probably.

ppeterr

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2008
    uhm not sure, but maybe an adition to the above posting.

Tried to make it work, installed arcsoft, and dicided not to use it, since it lacks file selection. No biggi - just uninstalled the lot.
    Now, normal DVD's dont play anymore with my powerdvd 7.3 within mediaportal. Deamon tools mounts the iso, but then
    ...just nothing, mediaportal stops reacting for a few seconds, and then.....normal and nothing again.
    It looks like, that the program itself, seems fine...and plays normal....reinstall didnt work.

Well....i could need some tips to make this work again :) i am at the point, to format the sys - but that seems a
    little silly, just for this problem.

[edit]
    oke....giving my system a fresh windows install, v 1.0 deserves that anyway :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'd like this player to be used in MP, with the option to select raw bluray video from a file menu.
    Got it working for powerdvd, but hell....could this work for this one ?

I'll have a look on this feature at some point, but cannot promise anything yet.

And is it possible, that the mceplugin didnt come with my software package overhere.
    I cant locate the exercutable, that the config needs

Most likely some OEMs aren't providing the MCE plugin, not sure thou.

Ingram

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Home Country
    One thing I've found, using Arcsoft by itself, either the full app or the MCE plugin exe, HD-DVD's play fine with DVXA. However when ran from within MP with this plugin DVXA is broken. This is on a 780G 3200HD with Cat 8.12.

On my Nvidia machine this doesn't happen however, with identical settings. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom