Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (1 Viewer)

vcrapps

Portal Pro
March 11, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Same here, it won't start unless I open and close the Literal DVD tray on my computer, used to work automatically even with disc already in before I upgraded to new MediaPortal, and downloaded the new blu ray plugin

bradmitchell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    I haven't had any issues myself but I seldom use it. Most of the time Arcsoft launches from Moving Pictures for me. It is the rare occurrence I want to run the player manually.

I was having some issues with my newer setup, but that came down to requiring an update for TMT6.5 or something and was totally unrelated to the plugin itself.

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I haven't had any issues myself but I seldom use it. Most of the time Arcsoft launches from Moving Pictures for me. It is the rare occurrence I want to run the player manually.

I was having some issues with my newer setup, but that came down to requiring an update for TMT6.5 or something and was totally unrelated to the plugin itself.

how would arcsoft launch from moving pictures?, i use Arcsoft as a separate plugin to play bluray discs, not already ripped to my HTPC.I think maybe the issues are since the new update for TMT6.5, although I can't be sure as reinstalled my HTPC and didn't have the pre update version of TMT6

bradmitchell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    how would arcsoft launch from moving pictures?, i use Arcsoft as a separate plugin to play bluray discs, not already ripped to my HTPC.I think maybe the issues are since the new update for TMT6.5, although I can't be sure as reinstalled my HTPC and didn't have the pre update version of TMT6

Quite easily. Moving Pictures in its advanced preferences has an external player option.
    You would not normally have to reference a batch file, but I've had issues in the past with playing HDD stored Blurays. For External Player Arguments I have "%filename%" instead of just %filename%.

For my a.bat file under TMT 6:
    @echo off
    SET BLURAY_PATH=%1
    ECHO "Submitted path: %BLURAY_PATH%"
    SET BLURAY=%BLURAY_PATH:\BDMV\index.bdmv=%
    echo "New Path: %BLURAY%, executing TMT6"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arcsoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMcePlayer6.exe" %BLURAY%
    rem pause

Attachments

• MovingPictures-Bluray.PNG
      MovingPictures-Bluray.PNG
      19.3 KB

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country

Quite easily. Moving Pictures in its advanced preferences has an external player option.
    You would not normally have to reference a batch file, but I've had issues in the past with playing HDD stored Blurays. For External Player Arguments I have "%filename%" instead of just %filename%.

For my a.bat file under TMT 6:
    @echo off
    SET BLURAY_PATH=%1
    ECHO "Submitted path: %BLURAY_PATH%"
    SET BLURAY=%BLURAY_PATH:\BDMV\index.bdmv=%
    echo "New Path: %BLURAY%, executing TMT6"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arcsoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMcePlayer6.exe" %BLURAY%
    rem pause

Thanks for the reply, not sure if this is what I need?.I do not have any HDD stored blurays, how would I watch a Blu-ray Disc within moving pictures plugin?

bradmitchell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply, not sure if this is what I need?.I do not have any HDD stored blurays, how would I watch a Blu-ray Disc within moving pictures plugin?

There is no real difference. You set up the player exactly the same way. For Moving pictures to pick up your bluray disc, just ensure the importer will import from your removable drive. When you insert the disc, it is playable from Moving pictures. Alternatively, you can just use the plugin in this thread which should also work without the batch file just fine. Not sure what issues you are having exactly but all works quite well for me.

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    The plugin only works as stated by @vcrapps,@Daniel82 and myself, the plugin only works when the drive is ejected, it used to work when the disc was already in the drive.I don't really want to use the moving pictures element.

bradmitchell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    I'll take a look at the plugin on my workstation here which has MP 1.7 and TMT 5 (not 6.5) and the latest BlurayHandler. I'm positive it works on my Media PC upstairs. So from what I understand, if you have a disc in the drive the caddy closed (so you can see the disc in explorer etc), then the plugin doesn't work / crashes? However, when it isn't in the drive, it does work. Is the Internal Bluray player disabled? Are you playing a Bluray disc? Are you using anything like AnyDVD HD as well on your system?

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    I'll take a look at the plugin on my workstation here which has MP 1.7 and TMT 5 (not 6.5) and the latest BlurayHandler. I'm positive it works on my Media PC upstairs. So from what I understand, if you have a disc in the drive the caddy closed (so you can see the disc in explorer etc), then the plugin doesn't work / crashes? However, when it isn't in the drive, it does work. Is the Internal Bluray player disabled? Are you playing a Bluray disc? Are you using anything like AnyDVD HD as well on your system?
    That's correct, if disc is in the drive, the plugin doesn't work, with no disc in the drive, open plugin, a message reads "..no disc in player, start player anyway", click yes and the plugin works.the internal player is disabled, bluray handler plugin not installed as I thought it was not needed, arcsoft should take over?.no anydvd or similar software running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom