Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (2 Viewers)

bradmitchell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    AnyDVD should not be needed. I run it on my HTPC upstairs is all.
    Ok so I've just tried this now on my PC with TMT 5. I don't know if this is the issue you have, but when I have a disc in the drive, I go to run the Play Bluray to launch the player and reading continually happens on the BD and TMT5 just doesn't start. Essentially Media Portal locks up.
    I didn't see any issue when launching TMT 5 or the MCE ver of TMT 5 with playing the disc, just the launcher.
    I played around with some settings and when I disabled the option "Change refresh rate to match movie refresh rate", it launched TMT 5 just fine.

Brad

bradmitchell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Further to the above, I compiled up a debug version and it was having issues with using the MediaInfo.dll, or rather stuck on opening the M2TS file.

I upgraded to the latest version of MediaInfo.dll and this appears to have fixed the issue.

To download the latest: http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows
    Downloaded version v0.7.69 32-bit and put this in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
    The version I had in that directory was 0.7.67.

Try doing that and see how you go, assuming you even have the same issue I appeared to have.

Must note this for my upstairs PC and try it, and see what version I have of that dll also.

Brad

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok so I've just tried this now on my PC with TMT 5. I don't know if this is the issue you have, but when I have a disc in the drive, I go to run the Play Bluray to launch the player and reading continually happens on the BD and TMT5 just doesn't start. Essentially Media Portal
    Ok so I've just tried this now on my PC with TMT 5. I don't know if this is the issue you have, but when I have a disc in the drive, I go to run the Play Bluray to launch the player and reading continually happens on the BD and TMT5 just doesn't start. Essentially Media Portal locks up.
    I didn't see any issue when launching TMT 5 or the MCE ver of TMT 5 with playing the disc, just the launcher.
    I played around with some settings and when I disabled the option "Change refresh rate to match movie refresh rate", it launched TMT 5 just fine.

Brad
    that's the issue I had, disc continued to read and mediaportal locked up.I changed the setting you mentioned and tmt plugin started fine(y).Many thanks Brad, this has been driving me nuts for weeks.Do I still need to download the mediainfo.dll in the post above?

Daniel82

Portal Member
    June 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I upgraded to the latest version of MediaInfo.dll and this appears to have fixed the issue.

Downloaded version v0.7.69 32-bit and put this in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

It worked :)
    I replaced Mediainfo.dll without any other change.

Big thanks.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a question.
    Does this plugin take the place of the internal player? I want to start TMT as the internal player, is it possible? As external you see the desktop because it takes a few seconds to start.

vcrapps

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Further to the above, I compiled up a debug version and it was having issues with using the MediaInfo.dll, or rather stuck on opening the M2TS file.

Try doing that and see how you go, assuming you even have the same issue I appeared to have.

Must note this for my upstairs PC and try it, and see what version I have of that dll also.

Brad
    Thank you, this worked for me as well. I had MediaInfo.dll version 0.7.67 too:)

Last edited:

bradmitchell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    that's the issue I had, disc continued to read and mediaportal locked up.I changed the setting you mentioned and tmt plugin started fine(y).Many thanks Brad, this has been driving me nuts for weeks.Do I still need to download the mediainfo.dll in the post above?

If you replace the mediainfo.dll like others have, you don't need to disable the refresh change, that is what I was getting at :)
    Glad all is working though, I know/feel your pain when stuff doesn't work on your HTPC. I suspect my HTPC upstairs was working fine with 0.67 because I use AnyDVD HD. My test/file server PC with no AnyDVD however did have the same problem. All good now![DOUBLEPOST=1399848179][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have a question.
    Does this plugin take the place of the internal player? I want to start TMT as the internal player, is it possible? As external you see the desktop because it takes a few seconds to start.

It is either use MPs Internal Player or use the plugin for an external player. Is it really an issue to show the desktop? One thing you could do is not suspend TMT or minimize it.. or play around with those settings which probably wouldn't show the desktop then. I think it just goes to a black screen.

John0502

Portal Member
    May 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Hello,
    I have been using this plugin for TMT 3, 5, and 6, with great success. I have just recently upgraded to MediaPortal 1.8. I read above (somewhere) that the most recent plugin (compatible with MP 1.7.1 and downwards) should work with MP 1.8. I did try it and found it not to work. When I placed a Blu Ray disk in the drive and chose the player thru my skin (StreamedMP) it just showed the big 'B' with a black background and just stayed there until I forced a shutdown of MP (via task manger).

I also found that if I did a right mouse-click on a recorder TV piece, the menu just showed 1,2,3,4, etc with no labels - when I removed the plugin files and restored the original language files, this issue went away.

Also, placing a Blu Ray disk in the drive does not start the player automatically - no activity at all (auto played in previous versions).

Is there a newer version available soon that will function with MP 1.8?

Dainara

Portal Member
    January 8, 2011
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    does everyone have an working BlurayPlayerLauncher or AcrsoftPlayerLauncher for MediaPortal 1.8
    the latest one 2 postings above doesn't work, it do nothing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom