Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (2 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hello. Thank you for this plugin. It's much better then PowerDVD. I have a question. I want to use this player for my dvd's also. Is it possible to start this plugin when i put a DVD in my dvd player? How can i set it up?
    Thanks for the great work!

Currently that is not possible. I'll check what I can do for it in the future versions. btw. Arcsoft's player has pretty bad picture quality when it comes to SD / DVD.

DaMenaCe

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Hello. Thank you for this plugin. It's much better then PowerDVD. I have a question. I want to use this player for my dvd's also. Is it possible to start this plugin when i put a DVD in my dvd player? How can i set it up?
    Thanks for the great work!

Currently that is not possible. I'll check what I can do for it in the future versions. btw. Arcsoft's player has pretty bad picture quality when it comes to SD / DVD.

Thank you for your reply. I builded a mediacenter for my dad in a scaleo e computer.
    Everything is fine, but a lot of dvd's crashes or wont play with mediaportal. Tomorrow he will bring the mediacenter here, and then i going to change the codec to powerdvd instead of mpv internal codec. I hope that helps.
    For blu ray, i will install this plugin instead of powerdvd. This pluging rocks!! Thanks!

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

DaMenaCe

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    I have a new version without a uMCEDVDplayer.exe. What can i do?
    Te oldversion (1.0.9.4) is stuttering with blu-ray playback (avchd).
    Thank you!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have a new version without a uMCEDVDplayer.exe. What can i do?
    Te oldversion (1.0.9.4) is stuttering with blu-ray playback (avchd).

Sorry, I don't have a clue why it would be missing. Maybe you should ask from Arcsoft's forum.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

o0X0o

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    I too have a 3200 based on-board chipset. The only Bluray disc I have is "300", and it's VC-1. After switching to TMT (from PDVD) I was experiencing video stutterring, so checked resources and found CPU at 100% (was around 30% with PDVD...). Pretty quickly found posts suggesting there are issues with hardware accelleration where TMT is used with ATI 2 and 3 series chipsets...

I changed the UMA setting in the BIOS from Auto to 512 and it worked for a single playback of this disc, but all subsequent attempts see 100% CPU and stutterring. Have confirmed that UMA is still set to 512, and have rebooted, checked the HA box in TMT setup. Really don't want to get an additional card if I can help it...

Tourettes plugin however, works just fine!

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

sebas74

Portal Member
    September 16, 2008
    Remotes don't work?

First of all, great plugin. Tried PowerDVD before, but that was hell. This plugin runs smoothly as does Arcsoft Theater.

Only one thing, I can't get my remote to work with Arcsoft. I have to remotes, one is the Origin (HTPC) original using IRTrans and the other is a genuine Vista remote. But neither of them work?

Anyone had the same? Any solluction or page I should read?

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Sebas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom