Blue Portal - Free Cellphone Remote (1 Viewer)

Cavalier33

Portal Member
June 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Please can you help me. I am using a bluetooth Dongle by intux. I installed all programparts as described in your manual. Bur if i start I get an errorcode : java.lang.ExeceptionInInitialzer Error. I started allready my PC but the error still maintence. What can I do ??

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i the same error message.

windows vista
    toshiba bluetooth stack
    nokia n70

i thought it was my computer, but now i guess maybe not.

boozelclark

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2007
    Johannesburg/Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I'm not entirely sure what that message means. some dongles behave very strangely. does your bluetooth settings window look like picture 1

try right clicking on my computer, then properties, click hardware tab the device manager.
    what are the names next to the bluetooth icons, like picture 2
    untitled.jpg

i'm not entirely sure but this may help
    http://parrot.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=downloadfile&downloaditemid=14

Hr. Kvist

Portal Member
    September 10, 2005
    Hi

Great plugin. I have been waiting for some BT remote.

I have a question: Is feedback from MP to the phone something you have planned? f.ex. browsing your music collection without having your TV turned on?

Best regards

boozelclark

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2007
    Johannesburg/Cape Town
    Home Country
    thanks a lot. ya i hope it will eventually get to that however the computer part of the plugin is writen in java so i'm gonna have to find a way to get it to interact with media portal or get some one to make that part into a regular media portal plugin.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i am using windows vista, toshiba stack with last drivers available by vaio. i get this...

vistako6.jpg

although N70 appears with a (!) it is conected and runing pc suite without problem. it appears like that because it tries to install the drivers and it does not find them, but its actually working ok. (i cant find the drivers either)

boozelclark

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2007
    Johannesburg/Cape Town
    Home Country
    i think it may be the stack. have you read this? http://parrot.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=downloadfile&downloaditemid=14
    may help i'm not too sure though

Laucnch media portal off your phone:
    right click on the short cut on the desktop select properties then under the shortcut tab set the shortcut key to ctrl alt Y and then the my tv command on your phone will launch it.

Launch media portal off your phone:
    right click on the short cut on the desktop select properties then under the shortcut tab set the shortcut key to ctrl alt Y and then the my tv command on your phone will launch it.

aasmund Nordal

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    should the mobile software start without pc software being installed? Me and my brother have a qtec device. 9100 or something, an I have 8500 I think cant remember :p. We cannot start the mobile software, just get the error: unvalid java arcive.

I dont have a bluetooth dongle, so i just wanted to have a look at the software on the phone.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i think it may be the stack. have you read this? http://parrot.helpserve.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=downloadfile&downloaditemid=14
    may help i'm not too sure though

Laucnch media portal off your phone:

Launch media portal off your phone:

i dont have a microsoft stack, i have a toshiba stack which comes inside my vaio. there is a switch to turn it on and off. but i would not like to have to buy another stack not because of the price but because my laptop already has one inside.

so i dont see how that pdf can help me. maybe i dont understand what i am supposed to do. also i have vista and the pdf is a xp computer.

it would be great to make it work. pc suite does work perfectly for example

boozelclark

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2007
    Johannesburg/Cape Town
    Home Country
    The software on the phone should open fine on the phone. but you wont be able to see much if it has nothing to connect to

The stack is the blue tooth software so that document outlines using microsoft stack instead of the toshiba one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom