Blue3++ (a 4:3 skin mod) - 0.1.3 (2 Viewers)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Agreed. if Dadeo feels up to it might be a nice opportunity to try SVN. PM me with your gmail account user and I will add you in google code and PM you back with the svn url (can also be found on google code).
If you need help with tortiose, look here
Just need to worry 'bout step 3

Cybertex

Portal Pro
August 9, 2007
Milano
Home Country
Italy Italy
Joz, I'll be glad to help with SVN (I hope to find out all the time needed); I'll PM you with my google account.

Meanwhile, I wrote down a [very short] "install.txt" to include in skin package. Pls, review and, if you think it's good enough, use it (or rewrite/discard/whatever you want) :D

Attachments

• install.txt
    30.6 KB

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
:D Cybertex, looks good.

A wiki page will be dedicated to installation somewhere along the line

------

Cybertex, welcome to the blue3++ project!

------

p.s.
Cybertex, the new weather hover is sitting in svn btw. Didin't have approvement of the author yet though.
Haven't really asked but in which way do you want to contribute? I'm open to everything.

Cybertex

Portal Pro
August 9, 2007
Milano
Home Country
Italy Italy
:D Cybertex, looks good.
Haven't really asked but in which way do you want to contribute? I'm open to everything.

Hi, I was thinking about help in testing; I'm not able to help in skinning.. I don't know if I need to be in the project, or if I can access SVNs (to test) as anonymous..

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
you can just use the readonly anonymous account then

Code:
http://blue3-plus-plus.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

just do step 3 of the tortoise guide and you're on your way. You can use the "repo browser" too to look for specific files. Maybe rapidsvn is better for your use (haven't really used that though).
All people are welcome to download anything of svn but it's no release so a little cautiousness is in it's place.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Joz, pm'd you my gmail account. Ready to face the arcane world of SVN!

I definitely found some sort of bug with installation. I've posted an issue on google.code

Yes, I will try and be a better tester and check things out before reporting! :)

Cybertex - nice job on the install.txt. Very clear and precise. For the sake of new MP users I would add:

1. Default directories, especially for user files since it varies between XP and Vista (and most users don't know where they are!)

2. Clarification of where the Refresh Option is for RSS Ticker (sorry I haven't used it, maybe it is obvious)

3. Add specifics of locations for Configuration in MP - i.e. MediaPortal Configuration - Plugins, and MediaPortal Configuration - Plugins - MP-TVSeries - MediaPortal Display Control

What do you think?

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'd say give it a go and make the wiki!

----------

Already created a dummy page here.
    Thought manual was a good title. Like on MP forum.

-----------

Check this out:
    http://code.google.com/p/streamedmp/wiki/TVSeriesSetup

really nice. Should ask these guys permission to link from manual.

------------

The homepage can also be changed a bit (also textual). still lots of stuff to do. Kinda liking the sidebar I have created, only 2bad I can't get it to show on the homepage yet.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I updated the Wiki Manual with Cybertex's install instructions. I'd love to put more detail for coniguration like the StreamedMP link you posted Joz, so let me know if they are OK with us using part of it. I wouldn't link cuz lots of their stuff is not relevant to Blue3++, but it would be nice to add the screen shots for configuration of TV Series.

I edited the Project Home Page a bit to fix some typos, spelling. It could use some graphics/screenshots. I love the sidebar on the Wiki page, hope you can get that on the Home Page. Your screenshots are VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Hey, I thought of a tagline for the skin: "Blue3++? Because size does matter!" What do you think? Too cheezy? :)

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I edited the Project Home Page a bit to fix some typos, spelling. It could use some graphics/screenshots. I love the sidebar on the Wiki page, hope you can get that on the Home Page. Your screenshots are VERY IMPRESSIVE!
    Sometimes I type stuff of a wireless keyboard that misses some of the keystrokes that I hammer on that board from time to time because of bad connection (keyboard connected to the test system). I'm aware of this now and will re read posts I type on that board :) I'm gonna send a PM to the guys of streamedMP asking permission to use there stuff.
    :D I like it too. If and how it can work on the homepage I don't know yet.

Hey, I thought of a tagline for the skin: "Blue3++? Because size does matter!" What do you think? Too cheezy?
    :) Kinda like it. To go along on the same idea;
    - "Appreciating the small things in live" (because of working on tiny screens)

But I like yours. Will use it on google code. Have to name Harley and Blue3 somewhere on homepage (original skin + author)

-------------

I got the go ahead from matsk88 (one of the authors of steamedmedia) to use whatever, so that's great! :D matsk

P.s

I changed the manual a bit and added a comment about mp rss ticker (kinda curious how you made it crash Deadeo :p).
    Removed the vista / XP specific folders and put in a generic one that works on both.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I changed the manual a bit and added a comment about mp rss ticker (kinda curious how you made it crash Deadeo ).
    Removed the vista / XP specific folders and put in a generic one that works on both.

That wasn't me, that was Cybertex who wrote that. I just took it from his Install.txt file.

Yes, I like "Appreciating the small things in life" too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom