Blue3 Retro (2 Viewers)

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
Attached XML file and Media files to fix this problem. It was actually unreadable in Blue3, and Blue3wide, as well.
Just save the files, making sure the skincache folder has been cleared.

This is an interim measure, will incorporate in all of the Retro skins, at the next MediaPortal release.

Attachments

• 19-00-01.PNG
    19-00-01.PNG
    264.5 KB
  • 19-03-42.PNG
    19-03-42.PNG
    499.7 KB
  • Blue3 Retro.rar
    30.6 KB
  • Blue3wide Retro.rar
    30.6 KB

Exterminator

Portal Member
November 29, 2008
Really appreciate the inclusion as a "standard package" of the Moving Pictures Plug In, are you considering any other Plug In's.

Although I must admit, I appreciate the basic simplicity and therefore efficiency of the skin.

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
Thanks, may look at other Plug Ins, but at the moment still playing around with the additional background colours. Think I may have finally developed some good colours, but until I try them on the Wide Screen Plasma, will not know.

What looks good on my 19" LCD Monitor does not necessarily look good on the Wide Screen. Main problem is that any imperfections are magnified to an unacceptable level, IMO anyway.

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
Added support for the Drive Free Space and Shoutcast Plug Ins.
Made changes to the Main and Filmstrip Overlays for better viewing in Moving Pictures.
Minor formatting of the Last.FM screen.
Finalised the additional background colours, now with a black colour that comes up well on the Wide Screen Plasma.

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
Added support for the Radio Time Plug In. Changed background colour one, Blue3 Retro, to the correct colour. Also changed the background colour, mytvguide for Blue3 Retro and Blue3wide Retro, colour one.

IrmaIsfot

Portal Member
March 26, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This looks soooo much better!

Thank you so much for your work on this really good looking skin!

When Blue3 came as default, I didn't like it at all. The new mascot figure is _not_ what I want on my screen! Makes MP look mike a toy, which it certainly is not! This retro skin makes MP viewable, in my opinion! :D

Anyways, since MP 1.0.1 is coming up really soon, will there be need for any changes in your retro skin? Or will I be able to upgrade MP and still use retro?

Thanks again!!! :D

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
Thanks IrmaIsfot, it is definitely my intention that the Retro skins will work with MediaPortal 1.01, particularly as I use the skin myself, favourite Colour 02, black.

I have just finished some colour co-ordination of the different colours and changed the context and dialog backgrounds for better appearance, see attached screen print from my office computer.

If you find things that you consider do not fit in, that is co-ordinate, with the skin, please let me know, as I guess I do not use every feature available in the incredible MediaPortal software.

Just got to add, my most used Plug In is Radio Time, Hurricane Rock (the radio station), as a lot of the time I am doing other things and really appreciate good background music.

User 04

Portal Pro
April 14, 2008
Home Country
I have just finished some colour co-ordination of the different colours and changed the context and dialog backgrounds for better appearance.

Please Note, DO NOT DOWNLOAD 2.28.2, I HAVE UPLOADED WRONG FOLDERS, CORRECT FOLDERS 2.28.3.

Fixed a slight misalignment problem in Blue3wide Retro with Moving Pictures, although it looked fine on my HTPC, but showed up on my 19" LCD Monitor.

Also, somehow I managed to have the wrong missing_coverart image for Blue3wide Retro, with the additional colours , no problem, must be external mystical forces involved!!!!

Showed up in My Music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom