BlueTwo mods 'Gold' & 'Dark blue steel' (1 Viewer)

eLow

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
The Netherlands
Damdy-Cash said:
Is it a big thing for you to make also a mod of the blue two reskinned 1280x720?

Hey, glad you like it. I won't be doing the mods in another res, but what probably works is to just replace the \media\ directory of the 1280x720 blue two skin with the one of the dark blue mod.

Damdy-Cash

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
Langenfeld
Home Country
Germany Germany
eLow said:
Damdy-Cash said:
Is it a big thing for you to make also a mod of the blue two reskinned 1280x720?

Hey, glad you like it. I won't be doing the mods in another res, but what probably works is to just replace the \media\ directory of the 1280x720 blue two skin with the one of the dark blue mod.

thank you for the tip. best regards Damdy

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hey there, using the latest CVS (yesterday, anyway), it seems that an update will be needed for the Blue Two mod skins. For some reason simple things don't work correctly. For example a big red X where the Tetris Buddie usually lives and a few other little glitches. I can't really see why these would be affected.

any ideas?

In the mean time, I am back with the regular blue two skin.
    Funny thing is that we had the mod skin for so long that the regular one no longer passes the wife test :)

Zby

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Marcusb,

I am also running a CVS release, and what I did to upgrade my steelmod to a 0.0.15 version is simple:

1. copy the bluetwo skin (CVS one) into a new directory, ex: bluetwomodsteelv15

2. replace the media directory (where all the visuals are stored) in this directory by the "old" bluetwomodsteel or gold.

3. run the config and select this new skin. [check the version, should be .15]

4. enjoy and ... increase back your MP WAF!

Henry-)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Excellent, thanks for the tip, I'll try it tonight.
    I was able to modify the skin last time there was a change (v.1.2) but this one had me stumped.

Cheers,

Marcus.

eLow

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Hey,

Glad Zby could help you out. I will only be updating the skin with every official release. I usually change several text colors as well. Most annoying would be the tv guide (black on dark background). To make the program titles white, change the <textcolor> in mytvguide.xml to 'FFFFFFFF'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom