bluray external player PDVD14 not working (1 Viewer)

aladin_7

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hello,

i just update MP1.12 to MP1.15Pre
    on the MP1.12, in the moving picture plugin i define external player for BD :
    player: powerdvd.exe
    parameters: /fullscreen "%filename%"

this was work fine.
    this does not work on MP1.15Pre
    it just dont work no error massage.

if i define in the bluray setting tab the above,
    i receive error massage:
    unable to play: index
    video codec: AVC

if the paramater is %root% instead of %filename% the error is the same.

attached log file

thanks for your help

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same problem trying to use MPC-HC, see attached logs set up for the BD external player option in MP Config.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I have try on my side (but not fully the 1.15Pre)
    My settings :

upload_2016-6-22_18-14-23.png

MPC-HC is correctly started and used :)

upload_2016-6-22_18-16-26.png

So it didn't start at all right ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I've just tested with movpic and it works too :
    I have disable the setting in MP config :

upload_2016-6-22_18-45-11.png

And movpic :

upload_2016-6-22_18-45-40.png

upload_2016-6-22_18-45-49.png

upload_2016-6-22_18-45-58.png

It was needed to add the quote " " otherwise i was getting a message from MPC-HC (wrong path etc. with list of command that can be used).

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Curious. I tested this on my desktop PC (std. 1.15pre) which does not have PowerDVD installed hence the use of MPC-HC. The BD vid.(.iso image) I chose for the test does play using MPC-HC standalone but fails, as per my earlier post here, via MP. If I set MPC-HC as the external player for videos (identical path as for Bluray) it opens up and plays .mkvs without problem. I do not have Mov.Pics installed on the PC either so did not try, with the new option it should be necessary anyway.:unsure:.
    I will give it a try with the madvr version of 1.15pre and get back to you.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Further to my previous post, same with the madvr 1.15pre, (madvr set as vid renderer) it mounts the .iso but then displays the error no playback at all, see screenshot.
    expl.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After further troubleshooting I think I have identified where the bug lies and a workarround.:D

With the default settings in MP config. but setting up and enabling an external BD player will, for me, always fail as described earlier(n). Quite by chance when troubleshooting this I accidently set up the external player for DVDs instead of for Bluray, I subsequently unchecked the DVD external player option and re-enabled the external BD player and MPC-HC started working.:eek:o_O. I went back to the DVD external player set up and cleared the leftover path and list data tried the BD vid again and it failed as before. I have rechecked several times and for me I need a path set in the DVD external player, even though the option is unchecked, to get the external BD player to work.:LOL: I have attached screenshots, 1 is for the BD external player, always the same, 2 is the DVD in failure mode, 3 is DVD when MPC-HC is working (plays a Bluray).
    @sebastii Please can you check if you have a path set in the DVD (or maybe Videos, I did not try that) if yes clear and I bet you will see the error.

No idea what would happen if anyone wanted to use 2 different external players, might not be good.:unsure:
    BDset.jpg dvdsetfails.jpg dvdsetworks.jpg

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ahah good find, i didn't tested it (yet) but : i have a path set so need to see how to fix the issue :)

upload_2016-6-23_13-24-43.png

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Update, I now have a version of 1.15pre on my HTPC where PowerDVD 15 is installed. If I set up the BD external player for PowerDVD and the DVD external player for MPC-HC, guess what happens when I try an play a Bluray :oops: yes it open MPC-HC:ROFLMAO:.
    @aladin7 Getting back to the OP though the setup I have for Moving Pictures to play BDs with PowerDVD still works OK and seems unaffected by the paths set up in MP config. so maybe try with all external players setting in MP config disabled and just use those for Moving Pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom