Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: Bluray Handler 0.9.2 (BETA)

Hi there,

Is there any way of getting this to work with Moving Pictures and ISO images (instead of using PDVD)

I was hoping to get MovingPictures to mount the ISO via CloneDrive, and launch the plugin/internal player as opposed to PDVD.

Thanks,

J.

Hi, it's works here, maybe a wrong setting in your configuration ?
    I can mount iso directly in MovPics and BDHandler do the rest :)
    Cheers,
    Seb.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi there,

Ignore me.... I was being stupid :oops:

Now I have it working :D

But when I play a movie, it just plays in the small window and doesn't go fullscreen (some one else had this issue?) - How do I make it open fullscreen automatically?

Thanks,

J.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

lol :) no PB.

Yes it's normal and it works with the feature Moving Pictures when it comes out.
    Seb.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi Seb,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean....

Its normal not to launch in full screen? Is there a way to make it run in fullscreen automatically? If not, what button/command do I press to change from the small/preview window to full screen?

When what comes out?

Thanks,

J. (having a dumb day)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi Seb,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean....

Its normal not to launch in full screen? Is there a way to make it run in fullscreen automatically? If not, what button/command do I press to change from the small/preview window to full screen?

When what comes out?

Thanks,

J. (having a dumb day)

Hey J,

I've been having the same problem. What Sebastiii tries to explain is that there has been a change of how a movie gets started, and with the current version of MovingPictures & MPC splitters, this results in the video starting in the OSD. With the upcoming release of MovingPictures, the problem should be solved, and video should start fullscreen.

If you wanna fix the problem now, you'll have to compile the latest SVN of MovingPictures, or else wait for the next release.

I'm using the RED Teletext button on my Harmony to go fullscreen, not sure what the keyboard shortcut for it is.

Juggels

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008

Thanks for this great plugin!

I am however experiencing some troubles with it :( I have tried this with several of my blu ray discs and the result is always the same... When I disable the plugin and try to play the m2ts file on the disc from within the My Videos plugin I get perfect picture and I can see that FFDshow DXVA is being used (cpu = 30%).

When I enable your plugin and try to play the same file from within My Videos it asks me which feature I want to play (this is normal behaviour), but when the video playback starts it gets very stuttery and it uses the regular FFDShow filter for some reason (my cpu is now > 60%).

Do you have any idea why this is?

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

It seems that ffdshow dxva DOES work. I tested locally and i found out that i had two checkboxes unchecked in the ffdshow dxva filter.
    I checked the boxes and now it works. Can you confirm this?

Attachments

• dxva.PNG
      dxva.PNG
      41.4 KB

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Bluray Handler 0.9.2 (BETA)

It seems that ffdshow dxva DOES work. I tested locally and i found out that i had two checkboxes unchecked in the ffdshow dxva filter.

I can confirm.
    You have to check those boxes, otherwise Windows wont recognize the ffdshow DXVA filter for H264 or VC1.
    But ffdshow DXVA is not very stable at the moment.

Juggels

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008

I got it to work!

I changed my Mediaportal codec settings to "use automatic codec settings" and now it uses the same graph that Graph Studio uses. Everything works, including subtitles :-D

Last question for now: Is it correct that the Dynamic Refresh Rate setting of MediaPortal does not work (yet) with this plugin?

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Correct, dynamic refresh rate doesn't work officially yet because the refresh rate is taken from the file that is used to start the playback. If you click the index.bdmv mediaportal can't figure out the resfresh rate. I will make an additionalk refresh rate check in the next version. However there is a work around, instead of starting the bluray trhough the index.bdmv you can start one m2ts file from the stream directory (preferably part of the main movie and usually the bigger files). You will still get prompted for the playlist but this way you trick mediaportal to use the m2ts to get the framerate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom