[confirm] Bluray ISO over WLAN (1 Viewer)

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Mopheus: Playing BD-isos works perfectly when MP2-Client and MP2-Server are located on the same machine. When I try to play a BD-iso with a MP2-client remotely connected over wifi (802.11n) to a MP2-server it not only takes forever, I also get some exceptions in the logs with respect to Dokan (something like "not enough resources"). Playing doesn't start, only after some minutes, the player starts with a black screen and stays like that.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: Video and sound syncronisation => DB ISO over WLAN

Sry Michael, post moved because off topic, and I'm trying to keep this section of the forum clean as much as possible

I think logs will be needed ;)

Thanks for the report.

Smeulf.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Video and sound syncronisation => DB ISO over WLAN

Michael, that error "Not enough resources" or similar comes from the file access layer of Windows when our Dokan implementation blocks the caller thread too long. We must keep an eye on that problem.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've seen the same issue and already improved the behavior on startup. Now the bdrom lib only looks for the playlists.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Thanks, Smeulf, for moving this post to a new thread.

Now with a detailed report. What I did is:

1. Start MP2-Server on my htpc
    2. Start MP2-Client on my laptop - both are connected over WLan 802.11n (5G)
    3. Start playing a DVD-iso on my laptop, which is in a global share located on the htpc ==> playback starts after about 15 seconds
    4. Start playing a BluRay-iso on my laptop, which is in the same global share also located on the htpc ==> playback starts only after about 2:55 mins

Logs of these steps attached (server error log is empty). I used a build of the dev-branch of last night.

First thing is: The screen staying black as mentioned in the first post seems to be a codec issue. It also happens when tested locally with MP2-Server and MP2-Client on the same machine but only when I use LAV video codec (fom latest SAF 6.03). As soon as I use the MS-codec for AVC it plays perfectly when I start the BluRay-playback locally and it also starts playing remotely, but with the problems as described below.

As mentioned, playing the BD-Iso remotely takes about 2:55 to start, which seems to be better than your simple folder copy, Morpheus. But it still gives me the exception in the client-error.log and the playback itself just stutters too much to be viewable.

I'm not sure whether this can be considered as a bug because it seems clear that the reason is the nework connection being "too slow". On the other hand, I have a 100% connection with my "300MBit" wlan, which is on the 5G frequency and hence there shouldn't be any channel conflicts or things like that. Furthermore I have VCD installed on my laptop and I mounted the BD-iso located on my htpc with VCD on a remote windows share over the same WLan. The result is that playing starts immediately with MPC-HC and besides one or two stutters at the beginning, it is absolutely watchable. So the network connection itself seems to be sufficient to play a BD-Iso. Jut the implementation in Dokan and/or MP2 is not able to provide enough throughput.

I don't really know how to proceed with this. Plaing BD-Isos over a wlan doesn't seem to be a "core-feature" absolutely needed by everybody. If there is anything I can still do, please let me know. I just have no knowledge about Dokan at all so I don't know whether there are any "settings" or "tweaks" such as buffer-size, etc, which may have influence on this.

Best,
    Michael

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Chefkoch, IIRC, Dokan 0.6 was just very buggy, that was why we switched back to the elder version.
    I don't think this bug report can be considered as fixed, maybe we should check it again. But it might be related to the bug report from some weeks ago that videos don't play very well via remote connections. In the other thread, I promised to have a look at it, but unfortunately I didn't find time yet. Maybe this weekend :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom