Bose universal remote with MP (1 Viewer)

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Hi, I recently purchased the Bose Solo 5 TV system. This soundbar has a Bose universal style remote included. MediaPortal is running on Windows with a Microsoft style MCE remote and receiver.

When programming the Bose remote you are provided a list of codes to use, however, all the ones I have tried are not working in controlling MediaPortal.

Has anyone setup the Bose universal remote with MediaPortal/MCE remote? If so, what code did you use?

Thanks

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Has anyone setup the Bose universal remote with MediaPortal/MCE remote? If so, what code did you use?
    I am not familiar with your Bose universal remote control, but many remotes provided with audio and video equipment are actually made by "One-for-All" (their company name is "Universal Electronics Inc"). If your remote is made by One-for-All, you could try using the code 1272.

That code works for me with my One-for-All remote using an RC6 MCE IR receiver, but I think that there is more than one code for MCE (so others may work even if 1272 does not).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom