both tuner cards not working via iPiMP :( (1 Viewer)

nivleshc

January 8, 2011
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version:
CPU Type: Centrino Duo
HDD:
Memory: 4GB
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Kaiser Baas Dual USB Tuner
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I have got a dual tuner on my usb tv stick (Kaiser Baas Dual). I have installed MediaPortal and am using iPiMP 5.1.0.755. The issue I am having is that when I use two iphones to connect to iPiMP website to see live tv, both the requests go to the same tuner card (in MediaPortal Server configuration screen under Manual I can see my two cards shown and when I access using the first iphone I see that one of them starts timeshifting that channel and then when I access a different channel using another iphone, instead of using the other card, it uses the first one thereby cutting off the first iphone. This doesnt happen if I am accessing using one iphone via the iPiMP website and then using the MediaPortal client software on my laptop to access another channel. I can see in the MediaPortal server configuration screen that both the cards are now used).

This is driving me nuts. I have reinstalled numerous times but cannot get this sorted. I am guessing that iPiMP is at fault. Can anyone please help me get this sorted out so that me and my wife can watch different channels on our own iphones without cutting each other off?:confused:

p.s i am using different accounts for iPiMP on both the iphones

Thanks in advance.
Nivlesh:confused:

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is by design. iPiMP only supports one live stream at a time. Live streaming is still in it's early stages, support for multiple streams will be looked at in the future, you'd need a powerful PC to run multiple streams though as the on the fly transcoding is resource intensive.
Posted via Mobile Device

nivleshc

January 8, 2011
Home Country
Hi Cheezy.

Thank you for replying. At least this puts me to ease that my installation is alright.

My MediaPortal and iPiMp machine is a dedicated media center server and I have monitored the CPU/memory usage when I was transcoding one live tv and it was very good. Is it possible for me to change your iPiMP code to remove the hardcoded limit of just one stream?

Thank you for your help and I am loving iPiMP.

Keep up the great work ;)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
You're more than welcome to look at the code, it's all up on Google.

This would be a lot of work though, the main streamer code would require an update, you would also need to change the StartStream/StopStream/StreamStatus pages to support more than one stream (i.e. select which stream you want to launch/stop), have a way of knowing which userid is running which stream as well update the MPWebServices EncoderWrapper to allow different stream output locations.

This is just from the top of my head without looking into it in detail, there's probably a few more things that'd would crop up.

As I say - it's early days for the streaming - any input/patches/coding/support help would be welcome though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom