Boxer HD channels and Media Portal (1 Viewer)

Biografen

Portal Pro
June 5, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hey MP People !!

Is there any way to get Boxer's(Denmark) HD channels into MP ???
I do have all the normal channels from boxer into my MP, but i cant find ANY HD channels. I can find the channels on my boxer tv-box. I have the Hauppauge CI USB Modul, and in that, Smit ci+ with boxer Card inside. I have a Hauppauge HVR 4400 as a tv-Card. IF i shall get another tv Card for this to be working, what tv-Card and what cardreader module do you suggest i shall get ? AND, IS it possible to Watch HD channels from boxer om MP ?

Best regards

Biografen

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I don't know about Boxer Denmark's HD channels but it is possible to watch HD channels in MediaPortal unless they are "paired".

First you need to find the channels during the channel scan. I'm guessing that you are using DVB-T to scan. If you know the frequency of the missing channels, you may do an Advanced Tuning - Single Transponder. If you do not know the frequency, you might be lucky and select Scan for transponder list which will scan a known frequency to search for a list of frequencies (transponders) where all of the broadcaster's other channels are.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think Boxer uses DVB-T2 for their HD channels in both Sweden and Denmark... but I could be wrong.
    http://www.boxer.se/kundservice/ordlista/a-f/dvb-t2/
    http://www.boxer.se/Global/Swedish/manufacturer/FAQ about DVB-T2 Launch in Denmark 2012-04-02.pdf

If I'm right you'll need a new tuner. HVR-4400 can only receive DVB-T and not DVB-T2.

Also, as vuego has said I think Boxer uses CI+ for their HD channels. The experts can confirm which CAMs will actually work with CI+ and a PC tuner. I think the only option is a Unicam...

Biografen

Portal Pro
    June 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I think Boxer uses DVB-T2 for their HD channels in both Sweden and Denmark... but I could be wrong.

If I'm right you'll need a new tuner. HVR-4400 can only receive DVB-T and not DVB-T2.

Also, as vuego has said I think Boxer uses CI+ for their HD channels. The experts can confirm which CAMs will actually work with CI+ and a PC tuner. I think the only option is a Unicam...

Boxer uses DVB-T2 for HD channels, they use CI+ too, i have a working CAM and CI+, but i need the PC tuner that actually can Work with CI+ , does anybody know any??

stesjo

November 6, 2013
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Been a while since discussion started, but no answers.
    Me to is interested in tuner that works with Boxer (in Sweden for me), aka DVB-T2 and CI+.
    Anyone?
    /Stefan

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Folks, CI+ is not meant to be compatible with PC tuners. There are some CAMs that ignore the CI+ limits that can be used in a normal CI slot. PC tuners with CI+ support do not exist.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    However, I do think that Boxer has not enabled the CI+ specification fully, according to some other forums in Sweden. So currently I think it will work as long as you use the Boxer original CAM.

I am in the same situation, I want to watch HD as well.

I have ordered a DVBSky T980C DVB-T2 for testing this. Correct me if I'm wrong mm, but that card is fully supported in MP?

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    CAMs that support HD+ but ignore all limitations are UniCam and DeltaCam. There is no CI+ PC interface and never will be as noone can guarantee that PC CI+ slot will seriously take all limitations of HD+.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Correct me if I'm wrong mm, but that card is fully supported in MP?
    No, DVBSky CI support is not included yet. :(

hmm, okay sad to hear that. But I thought I saw that in another forum post?
    Anyway, we do have FTA channels using DVB-T2 so I still have use for the card anyway.

Any chance of supporting CI for that card?
    I would be happy to help you of course?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom