robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    dosabouter,

Hmmm, it is the only user case I can think of, but there must be quite a lot of web content where you won't get hyperlinks where the ability to turn the mouse on might be useful.

Robbo100

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    dosabouter,

Hmmm, it is the only user case I can think of, but there must be quite a lot of web content where you won't get hyperlinks where the ability to turn the mouse on might be useful.

Robbo100

For the moment, I can't think of anything other than flash, or maybe some html5 gimmicks.

But I think I might be able to emulate a simple mouseclick in the middle of the flash-player area. Most of the time it's for play/pause, so that should be covered. However advanced playback options (seek, fullscreen) are not possible without some serious automatic recognition of buttons/sliders for every possible flashplayer. And if it's purely for those videos, onlinevideos might be a better option.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just stumbled on a non-documented option:
    If "use mouse to browse" is disabled, pressing "subtitle" (default key='L') shows a mousecursor which you can control...

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Just stumbled on a non-documented option:
    If "use mouse to browse" is disabled, pressing "subtitle" (default key='L') shows a mousecursor which you can control...

Good find!

This seems to bring up the mouse cursor, but it doesn't seem to work reliably for me (it would be nice if the cursor keys could move this mouse around). I will have a play and feedback more comments.

Thanks

Robbo100

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    0.3.6 is released! Apart from the bugfixes mentioned in previous posts, I also changed the position of the numbers of the urls.

Instead of at the right of the url, I now placed them on the left, so (hopefully) it's better visible

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi doskabouter

Only recently got time to change over to your webbrowser, so I apologise for that, its great by the way, my only niggle I have currently, is the up arrow on my MS MCE remote will not scroll up, not a major problem, as the channel up works to achieve the same thing, just takes the intuitive touch out of things.

Any thoughts why!!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom