Browse The Web / Webbrowser (9 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You are able to configure the actions which will perform the zoom in the webbrowser plugin configuration, keyboard part.

Then it's depending on which keys you have mapped to those actions (just for completeness, most of the time default keymapping will suffice).

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

I've been testing the plugin for few days! Great work!

I'm using it to call a web page I've done to control my home automation (based on Wago 750-841). It works like a charm!

I've just one request : I've tried to copy/paste the .dll and rename it to get 2 times the plugin with different home page but it doesn't work.
    What I'm searching to do is having 2 menu entries : one to go directly on my home automation web page and one to go on an other home page. I know that there is a bookmarks module but it should be easier for my wife to find 2 entries into MP menu.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Copying and renaming the DLL won't work because they both have the same plugin ID associated with them (one would assume). You would probably need to recompile the dll to achieve the result you want (This is just a guess, because I don't know anything about programing!)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Copying and renaming the DLL won't work because they both have the same plugin ID associated with them (one would assume). You would probably need to recompile the dll to achieve the result you want (This is just a guess, because I don't know anything about programing!)

Not sure how exactly, but there is a possibility to call this plugin with a parameter, so maybe use the url as parameter. (if your skin supports it)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    See here for an example how to use a hyperlink as startparameter from skin

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Here is an example of the using in the MovingPictures plugin GUI - IMDb movie page showing, IMDb Id (ttxxxxxx) is stored in the #MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id variable:

<control>
    <description>Movie Info</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>66624</id>
    <label>IMDb Info</label>
    <hyperlink>54537689</hyperlink>
    <hyperlinkParameter>http://www.imdb.com/title/#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.imdb_id</hyperlinkParameter>
    <onup>66623</onup>
    <onright>6</onright>
    <ondown>66621</ondown>
    </control>

JiRo.
    [/QUOTE]

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been using the plugin and it seems to work pretty well. Any idea on how easy it is to update the browser engine? Some sort of automatic update ability would be ideal since you probably don't want to be surfing the web with an outdated browser that might be vulnerable to exploits...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I know it's a bit of a security hazard, but at the moment I can't update to the newest version due to the lack of zooming support in the newer versions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom