Browse The Web / Webbrowser (2 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe (since it's based on the mozilla engine) it does already work? Can you try installing the plugin and share your results?

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can try. But were I have to put the files? Does your plugin have a profile folder like firefox? All extensions from firefox are there.

I tried direct in the xulrunner folder. I created an extension folder and put all files belonging to adblock plus from my firefox profile folder in there. But it does not work.

So the important question is were is the profile folder of the xulrunner?

It found this information https://wiki.mozilla.org/XULRunner#User_Profiles . It says the profile folder should be under
    Code:
    $USERPROFILE\Application Data\$vendor\$appname\Profiles\$random.default

So for Win 7 it's %userprofile%\AppData\Local, but has $vendor to be? Nothing found in the folder. Also in the %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming folder is nothing that could belong to xulrunner.

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not quite able to give an exact answer, but I do see a C:\Users\doskabouter\AppData\Local\Geckofx\1.9\DefaultProfile with some browser related stuff, maybe that is the correct directory. Since I can't find an "easylist.txt" in the firefox folder, i haven't got a clue on how to get it (or what the plugin expects) in the appropriate folder. Also note that the current version of the browser dll is 1.9, so maybe the adblocker is incompatible with this version...

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello everyone,

I would like to report a strange bug that occurs when reading web pages like this:

http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/notizie/2012-04-20/ferrovie-tedesche-treni-tav-100722.shtml

When you scroll down the web page there is a new popup window in the lower right of the screen.

In the old version of Browse The Web plugin this popup endlessly growing up and completely blocked MediaPortal.

It was necessary to restart the PC to resume normal operation.

In the actual release the lock of PC occurs after three or four pages with the same type of popup are opened.

I think the easiest solution is simply not display the popup. He can ?

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For the moment, I can't think of anything other than flash, or maybe some html5 gimmicks.
    Hello doskabouter,

thank you for that plugin. Since I have a home automation system it would be very useful to have access to its webinterface.

Therefore HTML5 and Websocket is needed. Is there any chance you will/ can implement that? I don't know how complicated it is to do so, because (heaven help I don't use it!) IE8 and 9 don't seem to support it native...

Regards, Fafnir

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    xavier: That's a nasty one, even with viewing one page, cpu rises to 100%, and mediaportal becomes unresponsive. I did some investigations on the html, and I didn't see a possibility to block that popup. Maybe updating the xulrunner to the current version, or introduce threading might help, but those two aren't easy to do...

Fafnir: the plugin is based on firefox, (currently on enginge 1.9), so ie-support is of no concern. I think that full html5-support could be hard, but basic navigation/editboxes should already be possible. If it's not working for you, could you PM me some html, so I can take a peek at it?

Edit: updating xulrunner is out of the question, the v11 version doesn't support zooming

Last edited:

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi doskabouter

Only recently got time to change over to your webbrowser, so I apologise for that, its great by the way, my only niggle I have currently, is the up arrow on my MS MCE remote will not scroll up, not a major problem, as the channel up works to achieve the same thing, just takes the intuitive touch out of things.

Any thoughts why!!

Thanks

Ray

I had exactly this problem a while back (over a year). The problem is, I can remember for the life of me what it was that caused it, only that it was something not directly related to the Browse the web plugin.

I am pretty sure it was skin XML related and possibly linked to StreamedMP in some way. I don't think I had to edit the XML at all, there was something really simple that fixed it - I am not being much help am I......

I will try to remember an get back to you, but I thought that this information might be of some use to you.

Cheers

Robbo

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Racking my brain, I think I fixed it by copying the Browsetheweb xml file from Bluewide skin folder into the StreamedMP skin folder.....

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi Robbo

It was skin related, will let Cul8er know.

Must be having daft moments, changing skin should have been the first thing to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom