fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Like I said before is is a clean MP 1.3 RC installation, but I tried with your manual again, but no luck. The same happened again.

The configuration is a 32bit process (1.png) Logs are attached.

Here something I noticed: I have this problem on my test-pc. On my HTPC i'm running MP 1.2.3.0 and before switching over to the new version I want to try, if every plugin I'm using is working fine. So on my HTPC is also browsetheweb installed, so that I'm able to compare what's inside a folder. What I noticed it, that on the MP 1.3 installation there is much less inside the "2869e8cd-579e-4fdb-ad6d-19ff5bd4e46f" folder. (2.png)

So I tried to copy the missing data to the MP 1.3.0.0 RC installation but no change in behavior.

fischy667

Attachments

• 1.png
      1.png
      47.2 KB
    • 2.png
      2.png
      148.5 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've more or less tried to replicate your situation, and after freshly installing mp 1.3.0 RC and running the BrowseTheWeb.mpe1 I didn't found any errors, and it was working fine...

After installing I have in the installer\v2\2869e8cd-579e-4fdb-ad6d-19ff5bd4e46f folder a 2869e8cd-579e-4fdb-ad6d-19ff5bd4e46f.mpe2, an icon.png and an uninstallinfo.xmlso something is weird with the installer at your site i guess... Tomorrow I'll try to install a mp+browsetheweb at a win64 machine to exclude that factor.

Perhaps other plugins are messing up? Did you try only MP and btweb?
    Perhaps you can unpack the xulrunner.zip (inside the installer) manually to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xulrunner
    Other than that, I'm in the dark... sorry

Anyone else has tried this and succeeded/failed?

Offtopic: you might check your pc http://forums.cnet.com/7726-6132_102-5420963.html

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Morning (in my time zone),

I have only two additionally installed pluins (LAV Filer and Titam Extended). Both are coming with MP.

I also tried to unpack the xulrunner.zip direct from the installer but no change.

Thanks for the hint about speedtest. This topic has not "arrived" in Germany yet.

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here it's also morning (just finished my first coffee :) ).
    Did an install at a win7-64 bit and that worked fine too... (although I didn't install lav and titan extended)

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Than it's a problem with my Win 7-System. Not fine. I hope I don't have these problem when install MP on my HTPC. :unsure:

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm waiting till all my extensions are MP 1.3 compatible. Two are still missing. But I will inform you. Promise. (y)

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom