Browse The Web / Webbrowser (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think the first solution is the easiest for me :) (and probably better to manage torrents in a dedicated plugin)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Yeah, second option could have problems with current state of "call with parameter" option as it supports only strings. But torrent file is basically a string with encoding ;)

codie

May 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for lookin at this for me,
    so say for example I watch and regularly check what free to air TV shows are coming out, on www.eztv.it
    in google crome if I click on a magnet link, it will automatically load to utorrent.
    but in the plugin it does nothing, so what you recommend is to install some plugin that will handle the file execution?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, by the way you describe it, it do seems more logical to get this done through the webbrowser.
    I'll put it on my todo list to check if it's feasable

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Thanks for lookin at this for me,
    so say for example I watch and regularly check what free to air TV shows are coming out, on www.eztv.it
    in google crome if I click on a magnet link, it will automatically load to utorrent.
    but in the plugin it does nothing, so what you recommend is to install some plugin that will handle the file execution?
    Currently eztv.it is not supported by MyTorrents plugin but it's possible to add it I think. Or mabe you can try supported sites.

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    WishList:

• better placement of id's. (Sometimes they are not, or not fully visible) completed
    • Key to toggle mouse-mode
    • Import login/passsword import from web browser and saving
    • RSS links detection (application/rss+xml tag in html)
    • Create interface for loading pages with cookies from other plugin
    • Open files with associated program (f.e. torrent files)
    Hi doskabouter,

would be possible to add possibility to change of the browser window height? Best as skin property, because the height of the window depends on the size of the status bar and it is dependent on the design of the skin. Much earlier, when I did the patch Call with Parameter I did the change of height of the window manually in the source (how I remember there is one constant somewhere among rows of the code only... :D). Therefore, the change will be very simple. ;) Unfortunately I did the change of height in my private patch only and lost this one somewhere... :( I am using Black Glass skin and between status bar and browser window is a gap and it does not look good...

Thanks that you took the orphan. Good work.

JiRo.

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    would be possible to add possibility to change of the browser window height? Best as skin property,...

Any idea on how to do this? I don't have any experience in the skinning area...

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    would be possible to add possibility to change of the browser window height? Best as skin property,...

Any idea on how to do this? I don't have any experience in the skinning area...
    Oops! I'v tried investigate how transfer a static parameter from skin file to plugin enviroment (wihout user's activity) and must confess that don't know how. I'm afraid that's impossible. Therefore be better to change my requirement and add other requirements (catavolt's navigation bar):
    • add possibility to define browser window height (or end vertical possition) if status bar is visible (define by BrowseTheWeb setup)
    • add possibility to define browser window start vertical possition if navigation bar is visible (define by BrowseTheWeb setup)
    • add toogle key for show navigation bar (define by BrowseTheWeb setup - similary to existing "Show status bar" toogle key)
    • add some plugin inputs from skin (as Buttons or Text Input) for activities:
      • previous page - Button
      • next page - Button
      • home - Button
      • url input - Text Input
      • bookmark(1) - Button
      • bookmark(2) - Button
    Would be nice do possibility to define Button(x) parameters in accordance with other bookmarks definition as quickly accesible bookmarks (QAB) - maybe as specific bookmarks group? Maximal count of QAB (or better named as "count of visible QAB") will be define by skin design process and will depend on the top bar structure and other control fields width, count and total design.

Jiro.

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With the last update, i have no longer a mouse to browse. they seem to be invisible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom