Browse The Web / Webbrowser (1 Viewer)

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I know it's a bit of a security hazard, but at the moment I can't update to the newest version due to the lack of zooming support in the newer versions...

Lack of zooming support in the new versions - how bizarre!

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
By the way, if anyone wants to specify their own FireFox-style preferences for the browser, just go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xulrunner\defaults\pref

Then create a new file called prefs.js and insert your preferences. For example, I disabled javascript by inserting:

Code:
user_pref("javascript.enabled", false);

PhilMcCavity

Portal Pro
May 23, 2008
Sydney
Home Country
Hi

Nice plugin!

I'm having mouse issues though. I want to use the plugin mainly to access ABC's iView (www.abc.net.au/iview) which I think is pretty much 100% flash. This is because iView is really flaky in the online videos plugin, working on some computers and not others, and intermittently.

When I select "use mouse to browse" it works ok though the mouse cursor keeps disappearing, though it's still active as the links highlight when you move the invisible cursor over them. When I don't have this option set, the mouse cursor appears as normal but does nothing and there's no way to navigate the site.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi

Nice plugin!

I'm having mouse issues though. I want to use the plugin mainly to access ABC's iView (www.abc.net.au/iview) which I think is pretty much 100% flash. This is because iView is really flaky in the online videos plugin, working on some computers and not others, and intermittently.

When I select "use mouse to browse" it works ok though the mouse cursor keeps disappearing, though it's still active as the links highlight when you move the invisible cursor over them. When I don't have this option set, the mouse cursor appears as normal but does nothing and there's no way to navigate the site.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Hey Phil, I'm pretty sure the OnlineVideos plugin supports iView. Check it out - you probably don't need to use the web browser plugin to access iView.

Edit: Ugh - I really should read more carefully. iView is flaky in OnlineVideos so you want to try another way. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I know mouse support isn't what is should be, but I'm still trying to improve that.

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    PhilMcCavity (2:30? :)) - I've found that when using the mouse to navigate, once it's disappeared, drag down to the black status bar at the bottom of the screen and the pointer reappears.

Many thanks Doskabouter for keeping this plugin going.

Cheers,
    Si

codie

May 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    I am trying to use this web browser plugin to view a website and to launch torrent links,
    I am clicking on the torrent links however the files are not auto loading to utorrent can someone help me here, if I can get that and the mouse working I will never have to leave mediaportal.

great work with this plugin

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Don't know if that's at all possible with the current browser-engine (and of course, there are some security issues too if you can execute any program from the browser)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I think it could be done in two ways:
    1) This site should be supported by MyTorrents plugin to let you search thru stie and download torrent file
    2) BrowseTheWeb should be able to detect "application/x-bittorent" content type and perform specific action with it ("open with ...", call MyTorrents plugin with parameter etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom