Browsetheweb for mediaportal 2 (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Finally, after a full evening trying to get it to work as a plugin in the incubator section, I'm now again at the point of random crashes, without exceptions thrown, error reports generated, nothing.

Didn't know this was going to be such a struggle when I agreed to port the plugin...

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Take a look in the normal log. Not the error log.
    The log4net config thems wrong for debug builds so the errors also go to the normal log

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Already checked all the logs. no errors whatsoever.

My guess is it's some kind of threading issue where non-gui threads are triggering activity in the xulengine (which it definitely doesn't like)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, after switching to the newest gecko-core, I didn't have those random crashes yet (not heavily tested though).

But what do notice is that (after removing the browsetheweb plugin, so with a clean build of just the current "weekly" sources) just running mp2 client from within visual studio and disabling "Enable just my code" in options\debugging and check all the "thrown" checkboxes in the exceptions dialog, there are a lot of exceptions going around under normal operation (incluis a SEH exception in mscorlib at shutdown), which seems worthy of deeper investigation of someone more familiar with the sources

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    there are a lot of exceptions going around under normal operation
    My guess is that a lot of these are caused by some system.net classes that we use. There are many of then throwing (for my personal taste) way too many exceptions and not offering a respective Try... method that just returns false if something goes wrong. Among them the socket class as such as well as higher layers like DNS.GetHostEntry.
    Anyway, thanks for the hint! - I will try to find some time to check that on my local system...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, it's not only .net classes, there's also one in the MediaPortal\Source\Extensions\MetadataExtractors\OnlineLibraries\Libraries\Common\Settings.cs
    in Load<TE>(string fileName), the file is opened without checking it's existence, and the
    Mediaportal.Common.XmlSerializers (exception thrown on line 154 of PathManager.cs (
    XmlSerializer s = new XmlSerializer(typeof(PathListFile)); )

But glad you're checking it

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Indeed, I haven't been able to work on BTWeb for a while, as it was being pushed down the list quite a bit. But rest assured, it's still on it somewhere :)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom