BSOD when scanning channels analog Cable HVR-2255 (F111) (1 Viewer)

kensiko

Portal Member
September 30, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have the exact same problem as here:
BSOD when scanning channels analog Cable HVR-2255 (F111)

And the solution provided in the link above seems to work, but for mediaportal 1.

Can I have a TVLibrary.dll with VBI disabled for Media portal 2 ? I successfully used MP1 in the past and it was working fine but really laggy mainly for a remote client on LAN, and it seems to have been improved in MP2 so I would really like to give it a shot.

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hmm, it has been a long time since I have read that thread (I had similar issues with my Hauppauge card - search the forum), but is this - how shall I put this - progress inhibiting?
In other words, does it actually find some channels before the crash? I remember having to scan+crash 3 times untill it scanned the whole frequency range. Some channels were then detected 3 times, but I eventually done it the hard way and manually put in the freq of each channel, so technically scanning wasn't needed anymore.

Tip: use the export function in the TvServer Configuration and make backups! A real life-saver after all the manual labour ;-)

I'm doing home redecoration, so I *will* be unavailable for quite a while to reply... sorry.

kensiko

Portal Member
September 30, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
I was able to scan about 120 channel when it crashed the first time, after that I get a bsod at channel 1

Last edited:

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hm, OK. So it crashes while scanning, but did it actually detect some channels? If you have a few of them, you can try to "zap" or switch between the ones you got and see if you can crash the system that way. With me they crashed/hanged after about 10 times switching/zapping and then I found out some channels were detected multiple times so I figured the cards got confused by this and I manually put all the frequencies just once there.

I'll do a quick check, hang on:
Go to TV Configuration > Channels and pick one in the "Channels" list and press "Edit"
If you see the same channel multiple times, but with different ID's, then this does not help for stability.

Read up on merged channels (you can combine the same channel in analog and digital version - which I have done), to get a grasp on what you can (possibly) see there.

If possible, try to find a frequency list for your area and consider removing all channels and just adding them manually *once*.

Also if I'm not mistaken, your card is a hybrid one, so make sure to set it up the right way: in the beginning after switching 3 times a channel, I couldn't watch anything anymore as all the tuners were busy since it thought I had 4 of them, while in reality there are only 2 chips. Maybe this can also help for (scanning)stability...

I'll try to read up on your card and setup when I have more time, but maybe now you can get farther than before.

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Is it better with the tips?
Your card and mine are almost identical: you have other (USA?)decoding capabilities and another type of connectors, but also 2 hybrid tuners, so a lot of my experiences are also valid for you.

kensiko

Portal Member
September 30, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi, I didn't work on it since a week, was in vacations

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom