bug:Album View with more same album names displays wrong (1 Viewer)

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hey guys,

which SVN did you use to fix things? I've been following this issue closely, and I see the fix was introduced with SVN16617, but I'm a bit concerned with the other errors this SVN and the later one (16619) seem to have introduced (according to the SVN threads). Have you had any other troubles introduced by the SVN you used?

Cheers,
    jeditrav

I have installed up to SVN16617, and have not had any problems for the things I use. The problems some of the others have don't apply to me as I use XP and not Vista, and also don't use the other components mentioned.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm,

cheers for the reply - deleted music database, updated svn16617, rebuilt database, still not working for me. Before updating, album view would show one entry/album for 'Greatest Hits' and when I enter that album it would show all tracks from all greatest hits albums grouped together en-masse (Black Sabbath, Bruce Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, Queen, Tom Petty, The Police, ZZ Top). Now, after updating, I get one 'Greatest Hits' entry in Album view, and when I enter that album I only get the tracks for the ZZ Top Greatest Hits album - none of the other albums show under Album view at all; they do, however, show up under Artist view. Will keep fiddling about with it - any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Still not working - deleted musicviews.xml, deleted database, rebooted pc, updated svn to 16623, scanned library, still having the same problem with only one Greatest Hits (ZZ Top) showing in Album view. I'm befuddled, I don't know why it's not working anymore (it was certainly working before 0.2.3.0 final release).
    My folder structure goes:
    My Music\
    Greatest Hits\
    \Black Sabbath\***.mp3
    \Bruce Springsteen\***.mp3
    \ZZ Top\***.mp3

But it's only showing the ZZ Top Greatest hits in Album View.
    Everything is tagged correctly - I've never used the AlbumArtist tag, but at a look it seems the AlbumArtist tags are all the same as the Artist tags, except for Various artist albums which all show Various in the AlbumArtist tag.
    Do I need to employ the AlbumArtist tag somehow? Do I need to reorganise my library? I feel like I must be overlooking something really simple if it's working for everyone else :)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    you reorganised the library by sanning.
    i got confirmation from 3 people so it must be on your side.
    could you please upload your Music Database to some free file hoster and PM me the link?
    i would like to have a look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom