Bug and Problem Reports (1 Viewer)

Alberto83

Portal Pro
August 7, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi @ge2301 i'm sorry if it has been asked before, but i haven't seen a single post by searching the topic...
I've been scratching my head with the "Enable Media Items Details View" under skin settings since i switched to MePo 2 and the dark grey skin (which btw I LOVE, i haven't even checked any other one since the first setup), but i can't notice any difference between having it enabled or disabled. Is it supposed to pop out a second page with a detailed synopsis and actors and other stuffs, or I got it wrong from the beginning?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    s it supposed to pop out a second page with a detailed synopsis and actors and other stuffs, or I got it wrong from the beginning?
    Exactly that is what should happen, but the feature is not implemented yet. Some backend code needs to be changed first. It’s also planned for MP2.2.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Very minor point but I have noticed that in some cases when selecting home menu items (especially "Settings") there can be a significant lag between the click or keypress and the menu appearing. This is several seconds (nearly ten seconds on my tablet). It seems to be worse on remote clients than my main server machine.

I am not complaining about the delay, but if you press the button a second time then the "wait" wheel symbol appears. I think it would be more user-friendly to have this appear on the first press so you know that MP is working.

I actually almost raised a bug report saying that it was taking two keypresses to select menu items until I actually waited long enough for something to happen :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Very minor point but I have noticed that in some cases when selecting home menu items (especially "Settings") there can be a significant lag between the click or keypress and the menu appearing. This is several seconds (nearly ten seconds on my tablet). It seems to be worse on remote clients than my main server machine.

I am not complaining about the delay, but if you press the button a second time then the "wait" wheel symbol appears. I think it would be more user-friendly to have this appear on the first press so you know that MP is working.

I actually almost raised a bug report saying that it was taking two keypresses to select menu items until I actually waited long enough for something to happen :)
    I had this only a few times, generally I have a quick reaction. But I’ve server and client on same machine, not sure if this created a better communication. @morpheus_xx do you the possible reason for this? If yes anything that can improve this behavior?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I can confirm that the sandclock only appears after a second click, a mouse move or similar... I also think it would be better if this happens instantly without the need to do another interaction first...
    In general I would prefer that the server answers much faster on user requests and postpone other things (excerpt for recording and similar that can not be interrupted without destroying things) like importing or similar then to show a sandclock instead of the view, the user wants to see. If the sandclock is necessary it should at least appear asap so the user can see his request has arrived and is processed right now...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @HTPCSourcer Do we already have a Jira Ticket existing for the sandclock problem on second click? The user @Digsy reported to already have reported this, but I could not find it.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do we already have a Jira Ticket existing for the sandclock problem on second click?
    No. For the simple reason that I can’t really reproduce the problem. It takes a few seconds to call Settings, yet reselecting it is not changing anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom