Bug and Problem Reports (1 Viewer)

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
October 25, 2016
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
The camera didnt pick up the screen very well, the EPG grid is clearly defined when looking at it in real life!

Behind the EPG grid is a solid black rectangle, surrounding it is black but with transparency so that the TV image shows through around the guide & the guide cells being grey stand out from the black rectangle.
The main background is solid black for the menu and the list view is black but with varying transparency on each side.

Essentially everything's plain black with transparency where needed! I'm very much a fan of plain looking things with no patterns and stuff ! And anything in black looks so great on an OLED TV too :)

Image1.png Image2.png

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am confused!!!
    I also reported this and the last I heard was there was going to be a patch..... Did I miss something?
    (life has been a little busy)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But we see horizontal offsets, I'm not sure what you mean with vertial offsets. And the offset is quite huge, I've never seen it. I see the time axis always start in the very beginning.
    upload_2017-5-16_22-26-3-png.190164
    I mean the small offset for "Babushka" on itv+1: I think it also ends at 19:00 like the programs above and below. But the other lines contain multiple programs, so the time spans need to be rounded. Babushka spans one "grid cell" to far.

This is caused by rounding logic to match visible guide hours / program run time / number of grid cells.

The Solutor

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok, now that 14/9 bug is fixed I can use MP2 for a bit more than 5 minutes test.

I can see that the CH+ / CH- buttons are finally working and the left button on guide page is finally working as expected, which is great. Thanks.

but

The mouse functionality looks a bit regressed over "pre2" while playing the Live TV.

I mean that I can't get a consistent behavior using the Right Mouse Button.

It was used to pop out the menu or the channel window, depending on short or long press, now I can get just the former.

Also, on my big TV which is just 800x600 I can't see anymore the sliding buttons (back and MP2 logo) in the top left corner while playing something, it was used to work in pre2. Although likely I'm the last person on earth with a 800x600 lcd TV, so this is more a corner case, it is still a regression that would be nice to have ironed out.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The camera didnt pick up the screen very well, the EPG grid is clearly defined when looking at it in real life!

Behind the EPG grid is a solid black rectangle, surrounding it is black but with transparency so that the TV image shows through around the guide & the guide cells being grey stand out from the black rectangle.
    The main background is solid black for the menu and the list view is black but with varying transparency on each side.

Essentially everything's plain black with transparency where needed! I'm very much a fan of plain looking things with no patterns and stuff ! And anything in black looks so great on an OLED TV too :)

View attachment 190169 View attachment 190170
    Do you mind to post it in User Modifications with your files for download.
    Everybody has design preferences and the idea of above thread is to share own mods with others.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It was used to pop out the menu or the channel window, depending on short or long press, now I can get just the former.
    Thats very surprising. There is nor differentiation between long and short mouse clicks possible. MP2 can only capture right and left mouse clicks. Are you really sure about it? :) I will check it, but nothing should have been changed here.

Also, on my big TV which is just 800x600 I can't see anymore the sliding buttons (back and MP2 logo) in the top left corner while playing something, it was used to work in pre2. Although likely I'm the last person on earth with a 800x600 lcd TV, so this is more a corner case, it is still a regression that would be nice to have ironed out.
    Here also nothing was changed. I'l check it at home anyhow, as an unintentional merging issue could also cause it.

The Solutor

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thats very surprising. There is nor differentiation between long and short mouse clicks possible. MP2 can only capture right and left mouse clicks. Are you really sure about it? :) I will check it, but nothing should have been changed here.

Yep you're right, I was wrong about long/short click, indeed it was left v.s. right click.

Whatever... the problem is there, I have an unreliable scenario during the Live TV playback, no back/MP button, often I have to click twice or more to get the channel window, or I have to trigger the left button menu before being able to get the right one.

In this situation the only way I have to going back using a mouse is to push the stop button, then using the back button from the guide page (there is reliably present).

Here also nothing was changed. I'l check it at home anyhow, as an unintentional merging issue could also cause it.

All I know is that it didn't work on pre1, it worked on pre2 (and I thanked for that), and now it doesn't work again

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep you're right, I was wrong about long/short click, indeed it was left v.s. right click.

Whatever... the problem is there, I have an unreliable scenario during the Live TV playback, no back/MP button, often I have to click twice or more to get the channel window, or I have to trigger the left button menu before being able to get the right one.

In this situation the only way I have to going back using a mouse is to push the stop button, then using the back button from the guide page (there is reliably present).

All I know is that it didn't work on pre1, it worked on pre2 (and I thanked for that), and now it doesn't work again
    I could check it finally. Everything is working as expected here.
    • Mouse moved: Player controls appear & HomeButton and BackButton appear.
      • Both disapper after some time
    • Right mouse click OR Menu Button: Player controls appear & HomeButton and BackButton appear.
      • HomeButton and BackButton disapper after some time; PlayerControls remain
      • 2nd "right mouse click" OR Menu Button: Current Program Title is shown
      • 3rd "right mouse click" OR Menu Button: Next Program Title is shown
      • 4th "right mouse click" OR Menu Button: Player Configuration
      • Any time pressing "back" brings you back to Fullscreen

The Solutor

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @ge2301

Ok finally I got why we are talking two "different languages" :)

I tried to bisect more, deleting the profile on three different PCs.

And i discovered that the problem is present only in the dark theme, the confusing part was that I use always it, so the bug was consistent about different machines and OSes.

The blue theme works as expected.

P.S. could be a good idea to add also the button that in WMC triggers the miniguide if pushed once and the full guide if pushed twice (left to the CH+ CH- buttons).

Here, i think we can't get the exact behavior between WMC and MP2, but that button could be used to trigger the full guide in Mp2 which is not reachable directly

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok finally I got why we are talking two "different languages" :)

I tried to bisect more, deleting the profile on three different PCs.

And i discovered that the problem is present only in the dark theme, the confusing part was that I use always it, so the bug was consistent about different machines and OSes.
    Please see here. You need to remove one folder.

P.S. could be a good idea to add also the button that in WMC triggers the miniguide if pushed once and the full guide if pushed twice (left to the CH+ CH- buttons).
    Here, i think we can't get the exact behavior between WMC and MP2, but that button could be used to trigger the full guide in Mp2 which is not reachable directly
    For Full EPG we have already buttons reserved (EPG Button on remote, G Button on keyboard I think). With mouse you can not reach to EPG directly.
    I think double clicks can not be captured, I need to check for such parameter.
    @morpheus_xx What do you think about it? I could not find something about double click in MP2, is it possible?

Btw. @The Solutor If you enter TV from Full EPG and press the "back" button, you'll always return to Full EPG. Before it was not like that, so this might help you already.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom