[BUG?] Moving Pictures with SVN 20-10-2009 (1 Viewer)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i still can mount as many iso's as i want and can play them perfectly fine.. maybe it's something in the NEW core.dll you are using?

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I dont know what the cause is Armandp... :(

I did a number of tests again.
    When I disable movingpictures and use myvideo I can see as many iso's as I want. All play perfectly. But with movingpictures, the second iso starts causing problems.

Regarding Mediaportal, I am using the 'official' SVN from 20-10-2009. What Mediaportal build do you use?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-10-20-2009-20-02h-revision-23908-rar-72247/
    This SVN does contain the updated core.dll version which -Manfred- created to work on the haali-not-disposing-in-tray issue. I dont know if this is the cause or not.

I dont know where to look in the log files. I posted them earlier. Can you offer any help for this? Im willing to digg in to this problem to help.

[edit]
    I see a clear difference when comparing the error.logs from both experiments.
    This is the correct working version

Code:
    2009-10-22 07:02:02.640625 [ERROR][MPMain]:  render Out failed:0, trying alternative graph builder
    2009-10-22 07:02:23.875000 [ERROR][MPMain]:  render Out failed:0, trying alternative graph builder
    2009-10-22 07:02:44.953125 [ERROR][MPMain]:  render Out failed:0, trying alternative graph builder
    2009-10-22 07:03:09.765625 [ERROR][MPMain]:  render Out failed:0, trying alternative graph builder

this is the error.log with using movingpictures...
    Code:
    2009-10-22 07:09:15.046875 [ERROR][MPMain]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:4 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
       at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck, Boolean doCheckConsistency)
       at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck)
       at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnWindowLoaded() MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesGUI
    2009-10-22 07:09:20.812500 [ERROR][MPMain]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:4 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
       at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck, Boolean doCheckConsistency)
       at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck)
       at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnWindowLoaded() MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesGUI
    2009-10-22 07:09:23.218750 [ERROR][MPMain]:  render Out failed:0, trying alternative graph builder
    2009-10-22 07:09:37.281250 [ERROR][MPMain]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:4 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
    2009-10-22 07:10:12.281250 [ERROR][MPMain]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:4 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
    2009-10-22 07:10:14.500000 [ERROR][MPMain]:  render Out failed:0, trying alternative graph builder
    2009-10-22 07:10:16.625000 [ERROR][MPMain]: DVDPlayer:OnDvdEvent() Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Core    at MediaPortal.Player.DVDPlayer.OnDvdEvent()
    2009-10-22 07:10:52.171875 [ERROR][MPMain]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:4 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
    2009-10-22 07:10:53.328125 [ERROR][MPMain]:  render Out failed:0, trying alternative graph builder
    2009-10-22 07:10:54.343750 [ERROR][MPMain]: DVDPlayer:OnDvdEvent() Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Core    at MediaPortal.Player.DVDPlayer.OnDvdEvent()
    2009-10-22 07:11:12.140625 [ERROR][MPMain]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:4 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
    2009-10-22 07:11:13.468750 [ERROR][MPMain]:  render Out failed:0, trying alternative graph builder
    2009-10-22 07:11:14.281250 [ERROR][MPMain]: DVDPlayer:OnDvdEvent() Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Core    at MediaPortal.Player.DVDPlayer.OnDvdEvent()
    2009-10-22 07:11:21.609375 [ERROR][MPMain]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:4 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
    2009-10-22 07:11:22.109375 [ERROR][MPMain]:  render Out failed:0, trying alternative graph builder
    2009-10-22 07:11:37.843750 [ERROR][MPMain]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:4 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextControl' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIButtonControl'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)

I dont understand it though.. :(

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well the error messages seems to indicate there is a problem with the skin but that should be unrelated to what you are experiecing.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using the exact same SVN of mediaportal but probably another DVD setup or something. If you have time you should set mediaportal to DEBUG logging and do your tests again and post the movingpictures.log, error.log en mediaportal.log for each test.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using the exact same SVN of mediaportal but probably another DVD setup or something. If you have time you should set mediaportal to DEBUG logging and do your tests again and post the movingpictures.log, error.log en mediaportal.log for each test.

I think I already did that.
    THe logs can be found in the second post of this thread. I tested once without movingpictures, and once with moving pictures.
    I even used blue3wide in both cases.

If this is not sufficient, please let me know. I will re-do it.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, I did some testing.
    I found that switching back to deamontools lite solved the problem for me. Previously I was using virtualclonedrive. I dont know why this could make a difference though
    Maybe the fact that I use a SSD disk makes virtual clone drive a little too fast or something? I really dont know... Weird stuff.

But, it looks like I will have to do a step backwards, to use deamon tools for now.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Bug is still there... Please Help.

Hi Armandp,

I just want to inform you the problem is still here. :sorry:
    In my previous installed OS I had to switch to Deamon tools to make the problem go away. But I prefer VCD. It enabled BR iso's as well and it is faster.

I did a complete OS re-install (XP+SP3) + MP1.1b + SVN24102 (14-11-2009). + Moving Pictures 7.5. Everything as FRESH as a morning breeze...
    I installed virtual clone drive 5.4.3.5. and gave it another go. The result are still the same indicated earlier:
    Starting multiple ISO's using My Video is working perfectly.
    Starting multiple ISO's using Moving Pictures is causing problems.

I have the feeling it is related to the increadible speed of my SSD drive in combination with the fast virtual clone drive (Compared to Deamon Tools). There must be a difference in ISO handling or timings between MovingPictures 0.75/0.8 and My VIdeos... Otherwise it should work. My feeling is there is a serious issue lurking somewhere.

What I did is I played three ISO's in the following order:
    - 21 (Failed)
    - 300 (Failed)

Just to be complete I have a DEBUG log file attached.
    To give extra information; In the past I already tried my own build 0.8 Moving Pictures. It had exactly the same result.
    I hope you can help. :)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you try it again with the latest moving pictures svn? We recently fixed (r887) a problem (which i detect in your log) regarding mounting.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you try it again with the latest moving pictures svn? We recently fixed (r887) a problem (which i detect in your log) regarding mounting.

Oh, crap.. Yes I would like to try it ofcourse... thing is, I just have a fresh OS. and compiling software is all gone... will take me awhile ... Would save me alot of work if you could sneak me the updated dll :) Just for testing purpose ofcourse. Skin doesnt work propperly yet, So I will stick with 0.75 after testing.

-+-

[edit]
    OH.. the "-+-" was from my daughter (8months) for you... she just grapped the keyboard before I pressed submit ghehehehe :D

[edit2] I borrowed version 924 from someone. I will test tonight. It is just a test version, so it is not available for public. (no good skin anyway).

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Armandp,

I can inform you that the bug is now GONE!!! :D :D :D
    I tested 6 dvd images right after each other. With virtual clonedrive its as fast as hell... and working perfect.

I tested mediaportal.dll version 0.8.0.924.
    Are there other things you would like me to test? You can make use of it/me, while I still have the test versoin :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom