Bug: Priorities still not working correct (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I tried to update my scheduled priorities as it hasn't been working for quite some time.
But unfortunately there are still some bugs there.
Attached some screenshots as this is not something for logfiles.

What I tried to do is move the second entry in the list to the top spot. If I hit the right 'up' button, the SELECTION goes up, not the entry! So it highlights the first after hitting the up button of the second. :confused:

Attachments

• priorities1.jpg
    priorities1.jpg
    120.8 KB

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Oh sorry Infinity, forgot to attach :oops:
Not that it would clarify a lot, preferably you try it out yourself to see what happens.
But I'll have a look when I get home where I saved the screenshots.

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Priorities on schedules were indeed never implemented in TV server's scheduler. I can't avoid mentioning For The Record does have priority support ;) With powerful conflict management on top.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Priorities on schedules were indeed never implemented in TV server's scheduler. I can't avoid mentioning For The Record does have priority support ;) With powerful conflict management on top.

Would be nice if not every bug report wouldnt contain adds :)

As a counter "add" I have to mention that 4TR forces you to use streaming in a single seat installation, which is not a nice thing (main reason why I havent even tested 4TR.)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hehe, sorry. Certainly didn't mean to post purely for an ad, and it's kinda obvious I'm enthousiastic about FTR ;) I'm genuinely proud of the priority and conflict management and think it may benefit a lot of users.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    as far as i know priorities for rec. schedules were never implemented in TV-server?

:eek:
    ???
    I probeably don't understand what you're saying....
    So there is a priorities section, but it has no function?? Then why is it there? I'd say remove what doesn't work. Especially in the first official 1.0 release...

In other words, what is the function of the priorities section in MP at the moment?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So there is a priorities section, but it has no function?
    exactly. everything is ready, except for the logic inside the TV-Server.
    In other words, what is the function of the priorities section in MP at the moment?
    the scheduled recording which starts first, is recorded.
    if there is no free tv-card available for the show you want to record 2 minutes later, then it will not be recorded.

if the priorities would work, and the 2nd has a higher prio. then the currently in progress recording, then in the described case the first recording would be stopped to record the 2nd.

funny thing is that there was never a big demand on the priorities. thats why it got sort of "forgotten".
    i will see what i can do for 1.0 and 1.0. about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom