Bug: Video Folders disappear (1 Viewer)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Video folders configured in MP Config do not appear in MP client if the folder was not available when MediaPortal was loaded. This has occurred for many years/versions. I have MP pointing to a shared folder on another computer, and if this computer was switched off at the time MP was started, but was later switched on, MP doesn't show the folder. MP needs to be restarted every time this occurs. This happens quite regularly for us and is a nuisance. I hope someone can fix it so that folders are not checked that they exist while MP is loading. Thank you.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had no idea that was an option. I'll try it next time it happens. But shouldn't MP do an automatic refresh when loading the Videos section from the menu? I think it should.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Normally, it could refresh shared folder, on each entry in myvideos section.
    Maybe change your shared folder usin ip instead of computer name

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It does use an IP address \\192.168.1.100\d\Videos
    It doesn't show when loading Videos when the computer is on. But only if MP was loaded hours earlier when the computer was off.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No, restarting MP works correctly. Nothing wrong with the network. The issue only occurs with MP, when the share was not available when MP is started.

Its a fully wired 1GB/s network, and on my 2nd or 3rd router since the issue has occurred. I've been using MP since before 1.0 was released. It worked correctly way back then but stopped at a specific version.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Arf,
    I had issue myself, and i use the fobction refresh list item with context menu, for display missing shared folder.
    Try this.

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you want a log when the shared folder is unavailable when MP starts, or later when the shared folder is available but doesn't appear in MP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom