MP2 - V2.4.1 Bugs and Improvements (2 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @marabicudi
    I checked the alignment of the details scroll viewer and I ca nnot do much, I can only try to align it to the bottom with a maximum height.
    It can not be aligned with the poster, because the poster is overlayed to allow independent aspect ratios.
    In your case the scroll viewer is slightly moved up, because you have no genres populated. The title also allows line breaks, so everything could even move down further (together with the ClearArt). Hope it's clear, why it can not be aligned to the poster.
    Unbenannt.jpg

Unbenannt.jpg

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would it be possible to bring this behavior back independent of partialy watched episodes?
    This feature was very useful to quickly access the last watched series.
    This is fixed and part of next release / installer.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Improvement Proposal

G'day ge2301,
    This skin is the main reason I have been making a reasonable effort to change over to MP2, thanks, it's beautiful.
    This is an option coming from MP1 TVseries plugin in MP1, just a heads up. ;)
    I think I'll eventually be using MP2 series plugin from the home page so I was wondering if it could be changed or become an option so that the unwatched, latest added or continue series thumbs show fanart or posters instead of episode thumbs.
    I understand if this requires a lot more than skin changes to come into effect so if it's too much trouble I'm sure we'll manage. (y)
    As an addition to this I would also like an option to hide episode synopsis for unwatched episodes within the plugin.
    I have attached a picture if it helps.
    Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-08 194206.png
      Screenshot 2021-01-08 194206.png
      1.4 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    This skin is the main reason I have been making a reasonable effort to change over to MP2, thanks, it's beautiful.
    Thanks.

I think I'll eventually be using MP2 series plugin from the home page so I was wondering if it could be changed or become an option so that the unwatched, latest added or continue series thumbs show fanart or posters instead of episode thumbs.
    I understand if this requires a lot more than skin changes to come into effect so if it's too much trouble I'm sure we'll manage.
    Everything is possible in software somehow ;) Currently your desired idea is not directly possible, but an extended editor is planned to allow better configuration of HomeContent. I can not tell you a timeline though ...
    If it's very important for you, I can also tell you which code to change to have posters and the right format. You can achieve it with a text editor and my instructions ;)
    • Copy following file to e.g. desktop and open it with a text editor ..\\MP2-Client\plugins\Nereus\themes\default\styles\HomeContentStyles.xaml
    • Go to here in your file and add a row with following content
      XML:
      xmlns:aspect="clr-namespace:MediaPortal.Common.MediaManagement.DefaultItemAspects;assembly=MediaPortal.Common"
    • Go here in your file and change it to
    • XML:
        <ControlTemplate x:Key="SeriesPosterTileTemplate">
      <Grid x:Name="ItemControl">
      <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
      <ColumnDefinition Width="*"/>
      </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
      <Grid.RowDefinitions>
      <RowDefinition Height="*"/>
      <RowDefinition Height="60"/>
      </Grid.RowDefinitions>

<!-- Background fill -->
      <Rectangle Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" Grid.RowSpan="2"
      x:Name="HomeFill" Fill="black" Opacity="0.4" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"/>

<!-- Image -->
      <Image Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" Grid.RowSpan="2" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Stretch="Fill">
      <Image.Source>
      <fanart:FanArtImageSource fanart:FanArtMediaType="Series" fanart:FanArtType="Poster" fanart:FanArtName="{Binding Source={Binding MediaItem}, Path=MediaItemId}"
      fanart:MaxWidth="{StaticResource PosterChacheWidth}" fanart:MaxHeight="{StaticResource PosterChacheHeight}"/>
      </Image.Source>
      <Image.IsVisible>
      <MultiBinding Converter="{StaticResource MediaItemAspectToBoolConverter}">
      <Binding Path="MediaItemId"/>
      <Binding Source="{x:Static aspect:SeriesAspect.ASPECT_ID}" />
      </MultiBinding>
      </Image.IsVisible>
      </Image>

<Image Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" Grid.RowSpan="2" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Stretch="Fill">
      <Image.Source>
      <fanart:FanArtImageSource fanart:FanArtMediaType="Episode" fanart:FanArtType="Poster" fanart:FanArtName="{Binding Source={Binding MediaItem}, Path=MediaItemId}"
      fanart:MaxWidth="{StaticResource PosterChacheWidth}" fanart:MaxHeight="{StaticResource PosterChacheHeight}"/>
      </Image.Source>
      <Image.IsVisible>
      <MultiBinding Converter="{StaticResource MediaItemAspectToBoolConverter}">
      <Binding Path="MediaItemId"/>
      <Binding Source="{x:Static aspect:EpisodeAspect.ASPECT_ID}" />
      </MultiBinding>
      </Image.IsVisible>
      </Image>

</Grid>
        </ControlTemplate>
    • Go here in your file and change it to
      XML:
       <DataTemplate DataType="{x:Type nereus_home_content:LatestEpisodeList}">
      <Control Style="{ThemeResource MediaGridTemplateStyle}" Width="{ThemeResource TileGroupWidthMedium}">
      <Control.Resources>
      <ResourceWrapper x:Key="Tile_Layout_Template" Value="{ThemeResource PosterTileLayout2Template}"/>
      </Control.Resources>
      </Control>
      </DataTemplate>
    • Overwrite the original HomeContentStyles.xaml with the modified one in ..\\MP2-Client\plugins\Nereus\themes\default\styles\ (you might be asked for admin rights, it's also better you keep a copy of the original file as backup in case something fails)

The result is:
    1610111607117.png

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That’s awesome, just what I was looking for. Maybe now I will be able to make a bit of sense of the code. I’ve done a bit of modification of the MP1 skins over the years and I’d like to be able to do the same with MP2.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    bug reports

Think I found a small bug in settings.

This might have only occurred with the newest version (2.3.2).
    I don't seem to be able to scroll past the bottom when in the "Media Sources Overview" page.
    It continues to go down, just out of view.

I tested in window and fullscreen mode and with "loop scrolling" on and off.
    And yes I have a lot of sources. ;)

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      162.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom