[Bug] Bugs with the <shadow*>? (1 Viewer)

n4orcer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2008
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1.0 (RC1)
    MediaPortal Skin: Essence 1080p
    Windows Version: Windows 7 x64
    CPU Type: AMD 4850e
    HDD: Segate 320GB
    Memory: Crosair 4GB XMS PC6400
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78MG-S2H
    Video Card: ATI x3200
    Video Card Driver: 9.3
    Sound Card: Realtek HD-Audio
    Sound Card AC3: Optical out
    Sound Card Driver: v2.21
    1. TV Card:
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: FFDShow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDSho
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC16-MR
    Cooling: 5x Noctuna 80mm 10db
    Power Supply: Acer 400W
    Remote: Logitech diNovo Edge, iMON PAD
    TV: LG 42LY95
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI trough Onkyo 876

I am working on a new skin, called Essence. We are trying to use the new features that is mentioned on the wiki for RC1+. The control we have problems with is the <shadow*> settings.

There are some strange behavior on this, one of the problems is that when using a fade animation the shadow part of the specific label does not fade out as the rest of the text does. The shadow works as it should during a slide animation and If you don't use an animation for the Hidden state the shadow does not appear, just as it should with the fade animation instead.

Here is the code for one of the labels that is not working properly with the fade animation.

Code:
    <!-- This is wrapped in a group that have the following animation that is causing problems -->
    <animation effect="fade" time="500" tween="linear" delay="1725">Hidden</animation>

<control>
    <description>DAY 1 LABEL</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>542</posX>
    <posY>500</posY>
    <align>center</align>
    <label>6030</label>
    <shadowAngle>45</shadowAngle>
    <shadowDistance>1</shadowDistance>
    <shadowColor>EE000000</shadowColor>
    <font>font10</font>
    <textcolor>White</textcolor>
    </control>

Here is a screenshot of the problem and a screenshot how it looks before, though this screenshot is old and do not show the shadow.
    16-56-33.jpg screenshots-myhome-weatherforecast-28-3.jpg

The implementation is also quite buggy when using listcontrols such as on a listview in movingpictures. Have the same shadowcode above in the controllist makes other text labels in the skin flicker between being hidden/shown depending on where you are on the list. I do not have any screenshots on that problem though.

I have also posted about it here.

I could not find any information about bugs with this but is there any known problems or are there something else that could cause this?

Is there any more information you would need to check this out?

/n4orcer

n4orcer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2008
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Thanks! Good to know it's just not me that have that problem. :)

Any idea about the problems with list controls in facade views? Are those two problems related?

/n4orcer

EDIT:

I also noticed some other bugs I belive is b/c the shadow system. If you have a fadelabel that is "quite long" when WindowOpen is triggered and the screen loads for the first time that label will show full length and then be 'cut off' to its real length and start to fade.

Also in some cases, the shadow wont fade in or it fades in but before the regular text and such it will look out of place until the fade animation is complete.

If I find any other bugs with it I'll let you know.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, I was aware of both these problems too. Been raised in the original ShadowText feature thread.

n4orcer, maybe you can make a separate thread for the Shadows not respecting the width property.

I haven't used the ShadowText feature where I mostly need it in the StreamedMP skin mainly due to these two issues.

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I wrote the shadow text implementation. This problem has been fixed in my branch ajp8164_stage. If you can wait until I can merge my entire branch into the trunk you'll get this fix plus a number of other fixes (like respecting the width property). I am waiting until 1.1.0 to become final before I push the issue of merging my branch in.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I wrote the shadow text implementation. This problem has been fixed in my branch ajp8164_stage. If you can wait until I can merge my entire branch into the trunk you'll get this fix plus a number of other fixes (like respecting the width property). I am waiting until 1.1.0 to become final before I push the issue of merging my branch in.

Hi Andy,

I am looking forward to your fixes.

In the meantime, how easy is it to separate out this particular bugfix and apply it to RC2?

Best wishes,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom