Building TV Plugin (1 Viewer)

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm still having assemblies hell with 1.23.0.

I've tried all manner of extensions and packages around nuget package management and rebuilding and restore.

I found a neat tool below for adding nuget packages quickly.

1584018508483.png

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Home Country
But... I'd be really happy with a 1.23.0 build that works.

I'm using Eclipse for C/C++ here, which may seem odd, but enables me to track and build about 5 versions of MediaPortal so far.

So, my 1.24.0 build is working, but not 1.23.0.

If anyone has an idea, I'm happy to try it.

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Home Country
Having tried 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019 against the MediaPortal code base, I'm still none-the-wiser why it wont build in all .NET 4.5+ compatible dev environments ?

Am I laboring a point that isn't worth making though ?

There are nuget extensions, mentioned above, that very quickly enables you to bring a nuget package into scope within VS making life potentially easier.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    But I do not know what problem it solves with nuget.
    the problem is related to latency return from myget, as it's big latency, nuget is used 1st, on nuget with the same name.
    but with the update of BASS, it will solve part of this issue, because the nuget name is unique.

but the tips for enable nuget from myget work only in batch mode, using btach script, if you use VS for download nuget, the issue is always here.

vapourEyes

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Home Country
    but the tips for enable nuget from myget work only in batch mode, using btach script, if you use VS for download nuget, the issue is always here.

I like the comfort of VS, so was battling to get it all working there.

I've no problem building from batch, but it is nice to code and build in VS. As mentioned, at VS2017 with MediaPortal 1.24+ things just work, very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom