Built in player or external? (1 Viewer)

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
How do u get an external player to close automaticly when a file is finished playing?

I use media player classic for x264 and when for example an episode of a TV-series (tv series plugin) is finished, media player only stops and I have to close it manually (window open on top of mediaportal.) with the mouse or keyboard.

Also: Is there any way tio "get rid of" the view of media player starting up, going to fullscreen etc that shows quicky on top of media portal before the file plays?

I'm going to use Power DVD 8 for DVD .iso/.img and Blu-ray files from HDD+ blu ray discs. Would like the same there. That program ends/closes when finished playing. A special key to close from remote would also be nice because I'd like to "get rid of" the keyboard mouse for as much as possible.

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Mplayer is media player classic? Didnt know... thanks!

Ps. Is there a search function for plugins here?

gorman

Portal Member
May 1, 2006
Still stuck with an external player due to MP not supporting resynching subtitles on the fly.

Zoom Player does it, KMPlayer does it, Mplayer does it, XBMC does it. I've asked several times, but it appears nobody knows what I'm talking about. It's not as if out of synch subs are so rare, especially for tv series.

Goose

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Mplayer is media player classic? Didnt know... thanks!

Ps. Is there a search function for plugins here?

MPlayer is not MPC. It seems i was confused. :sorry:

@ kazuma666

Are your subs external ie. .srt etc? If they are embedded, you can get the internal dshow player to handle them quite satisfactorily.

canachi

Portal Member
    August 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Goose,

Do you know if MP internal player is able to display divX 6 embedded subtitles ? and How?

After try every posible codec configuration, I got working subtitles in MP4 files (nero h264), but no luck with DivX.

When playing a DivX file with subtitles I get the following error:

"A decoder for the new track could not be found. track type: "

The file plays fine after pressing OK. The OSD shows the subtitle as "ACTIVE" and "Undetermine Subtitle - EN". However, subtitles are NOT displayed.

THANKS

Goose

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    canachi

I had a quick look, but I have bad news. It seems that divx's player is the only thing that supports xsubs.

VSfilter will probably be the first to support it when it comes you you mikgjht want to check here every once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom