Buttons overlap in JIRA heading (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In the JIRA heading bar, the "Search" button overlaps the "Create" button:

buttons_overlap_in_heading.jpg

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    What resolution do you use?
    I run Firefox maximised to fit the screen, which is 1280x800 (old laptop running WinXP!). However, I use the larger system font setting (125% of normal), and the zoom setting in Firefox is 120%. If I don't use these settings, the text is too small to read comfortably (I need to use a magnifying glass in order to read it).

Edit: For the Jira web pages, I notice that the Firefox zoom setting is not shown, so presumably text is 100% of normal; for the MP web pages (and pages elsewhere on the web), I do mostly use the 120% zoom setting in Firefox.

I purchased a new laptop a few months ago. That has a 1920x1080 screen and runs Windows 10, but I have reluctantly decided to run the desktop at 1600x900 with system text set to 125% of normal, otherwise the text is again too small to read.

I've changed to a small logo/text and reduced the search-field, let me know if it any better on your end.
    This is what the heading bar looks like now:

buttons_without_overlap.JPG

There is actually one more button in the heading bar than before ("Capture"), but the reduced width of the stuff at the beginning of the bar means that there is no overlap between "Create" and "Search". Thank you! :)

One oddity: there looks to be a semicolon immediately below the heading bar at the extreme left. This is not present in the earlier screen shot, and it does not seem to do anything (not clickable).

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Unfortunately, I have found another panel in Jira that has the overlapping buttons in the heading bar:

search_panel_button_overlap.JPG

It had not quite occurred to me that the buttons in the heading bar varied from panel to panel, and that there might be other panels that have overlapping buttons. :( Maybe this is an insoluble problem?

Users who are viewing this thread