C.All - enhancing LCD and themes (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

HdWagner

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,
I uploaded C.All into the download area. You'll find it here: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Others/C.All/

This plugin processes media information, menus and messages and sends the data to your LCD/VFD software. A screen editor lets you define when to send which data.

:arrow: Supported LCDs:
None. C.All does NOT support any kind of LCD hardware directly. C.All supports some LCD software. This LCD software might support your hardware.

:arrow: Supported software:
Girder 3
Girder 4
jaLCDs 3.2
iMon
LCDC
LCDHype
LCDInfo
LCDStudio 2
Smartie 5.3

How to install:
:arrow: Read the manual. You find it in the zip file. It's called C.All.manual.rtf

How to improve:
:arrow: Please use this thread to make suggestions and report bugs.

C.All is a conversion of the Meedio plugin C.Mee. The plugin and its documentation are still very alpha.

Version history:
Added a screen for Tetris.
Improved this manual.
Added enhanced error messages to the LCDStudio plugin.
Changed the registry key needed for CallMonitor.dll from HKLM to HKCU.

Improved MPiMon.exe.
Improved the manual.
Fixed the LCDStudio plugin.

Renamed C.Mee to C.All.
Converted C.All from Meedio to MediaPortal.
Removed messages.
Converted datafeed functionality to GUIProperty functionality.
Rewrote parts of the documentation.
Removed support for VFD7000.
Removed support for TCeeP.
Removed support for LCDStudio 1.5.
Removed support for Smartie 5.2.
Removed support for v0.3 config files.

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Wow ! Great plugin !

I have tried to use it with LCDStudio (release 2.0.0.545) but MPLCDStudio2.dll is not loaded. :(

The checkbox "Load C.All at startup" it is not accessible. :?:

Does it know a LCDStudio compatible release?

updated 9 July
    Now C.All works well with LCDStudio !
    There are different improvements to do (I know little LCDStudio and I don't know whether to get a lot of functions) but the road is that correct.

C.All_02.jpg

Regards,
    xavier.

HdWagner

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    xavier said:
    The checkbox "Load C.All at startup" it is not accessible. :?:
    You're right - because I'm obviously very clever:
    I compiled the plugin with .net 2.0, but LCDStudio only supports .net 1.1.
    On top of that there's a bug in the source code. :oops:

A new version should be up tomorrow.

Harald

Schmidti

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2004
    Germany
    Hello Harald,
    nice to have you finaly here in the MediaPortal group. And thanks to convert your plugin from Meedio to MP!! After the sale of Meedio to Yahoo :D.

What about the menu and zapping over the LCD is this possible?
    We already discussed this 2 years ago! :p
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=21&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I will be glad to test your plugin together with LCD-Hype.
    But first I have to setup my PC with a new fresch WinXP.

Thanks a lot!!!!

HdWagner

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Schmidti said:
    Hello Harald,
    nice to have you finaly here in the MediaPortal group. And thanks to convert your plugin from Meedio to MP!! After the sale of Meedio to Yahoo :D.
    Yeah. Since Meedio never added substantial improvements to their software and Yahoo doesn't seem to be in a hurry to do s.th. at all, I thought I might have another look at MP.

For me MP is still missing much of Meedios magic: a consistent and sniffable message system for communication between plugins and core, and a data repository (well, it exists as so called GUIPropertyManager, but only few plugins use it and seldom in a proper way).

Schmidti said:
    What about the menu and zapping over the LCD is this possible?
    It works for music. Well, kind of. Due to the poorly used data repository only few menu data are available. I discovered two kinds of menus so far, both are supported in C.All 2.0.0 - but I don't know if these work with any other than the default skin.

I also don't know if it works for other plugins, since I just started to play around with MP.

With the next releases I'll fix the bugs and add support for more plugins (like video or weather). After that I'll find out if I can enhance the related capabilities of MediaPortal.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    HdWagner said:
    ...For me MP is still missing much of Meedios magic: a consistent and sniffable message system for communication between plugins and core, and a data repository (well, it exists as so called GUIPropertyManager, but only few plugins use it and seldom in a proper way)...

Harald - A message system for communication between plugins, YES - It sure is needed. Once the MP base gets firmed up and other people start to add automation plugins into it along with the need for a client server architecture, it sure is needed! It would probably help out with MPBlue PPC!

HdWagner said:
    ...With the next releases I'll fix the bugs and add support for more plugins (like video or weather). After that I'll find out if I can enhance the related capabilities of MediaPortal.

Harald - This sounds great!! I can't wait to see what you have in store for MP!

Mike

HdWagner

Portal Pro
    June 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :!: I uploaded C.All 2.0.1. Eventually it will appear here.

What's new?
    Improved MPiMon.exe.
    Improved the manual.
    Fixed the LCDStudio plugin.

Please read the manual! (C.All configuration -> Help -> Show Manual)

JoeDalton

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2004
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Welcome to MediaPortal :!: :!:

Of course I was curious to see your plug-in in action and I must say it looks very promising! I was surprised to see that the communication between MediaPortal and LCDHype went very smooth.

Our 2 plugins (mine are ExternalDisplay and MCE Display) have the same goal and have more or less the same functional requirements. Would you be interested in joining our efforts and see what we can do to make each others life a bit easier, maybe merging our 2 plug-ins into one having the best of both worlds :?:

This is just an open invitation; if you’re not interested, I’ll understand. If you are interested, send me a PM or contact me on IRC…

boeloeboeloe

Portal Member
    May 15, 2006
    Belgium
    Is your plugin also working for Shuttle SB83G5M with VFD display? If yes, which software do I have install?

Thx in advance

Rudolph

Portal Member
    December 18, 2005
    Nijkerk, Netherlands
    great plugin,

it has great functionality, please have a talk to joedalton, His plugin has all the information media portal has to offer, yours has perfect functionality to play with graphic LCD's.

please continue this development.

Thanks, this is what I was searching for for a while,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom