C.All - enhancing LCD and themes (Official Thread) (4 Viewers)

bonz007

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
italy
Home Country
Italy Italy
yes i copied all files, i use lcd studio 2.0 build 655

the plugin are green eand loaded at startup but nothing in the data tree

HdWagner

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Okay. This is how it's supposed to work:
- You install C.All as described in the manual.
- You enter C.All configuration once (This adds a registry entry which points all the LCD software plugins to the file CAllMonitor.dll)
- You start your LCD software and MediaPortal and everything is fine.

This is how it doesn't work:
- You DON'T have to have multiple copies of CAllMonitor.dll on your harddrive, because CAllMonitor.dll has a list of known property names (Some software like LCDC or LCDStudio need to know these names). This list is supposed to be in the same directory as the dll. If there were multiple instances of CAllMonitor.dll, then every instance would read from another list and since there's only one list written to, the data tree would be empty.

So, what's wrong?
- You have multiple copies of CAllMonitor.dll. There must be only one CAllMonitor.dll, and it must be in the directory ...whatever...\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Process\C.All\
- The LCDStudio plugin doesn't find this dll. This is because the dll is not where it's supposed to be or because the registry setting was not written. Just starting and exiting C.All configuration should do this - but maybe you need an administrator login? I'm not sure about that.

r8td

Portal Pro
June 16, 2006
WOW thank you soo much. I spent forever trying to get it to work in smartie and didn't know about the Line1, line2 variables. The program works exactly as i hoped it would. I actually about the suggest using that idea and decided to try it. IT WORKS! I had a little trouble installing it at first but when i reinstalled the smartie files it worked perfectly- don't know the cause of the problem, but i was getting the callmonitor.dll error listed above until i started clean.
-Evan

zag2me

Portal Pro
April 11, 2006
Home Country
England England
Good to see you hear Harold :) The more Meedio Escapees the better!

Is it possible to do the percentage bar thing like we did with meedio? So it shows a graphical bar with how far the movie/song has progressed?

Great plugin as always.

L

loetman

LCD Studio

i have the same problem as bonz007

I use LCD Studio and make all that in the maual scribe.

i have no file: callmonitor.dll in the LCD Studio Directory, i have copied manualy, then i can activate the Plugin in LCD Studio also i see nothing in the data tree.

i open the configuration dialog in mediaportal for the C.ALL Plugin and activate it, that have no change in the LCD Studio.

Thanks!

HdWagner

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
loetman, bonz007:

Do you have the file CAllMonitor.dll in your program folder\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Process\C.All ?

Do you have the file CAllMonitor.Keys in
your program folder\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Process\C.All ?

Is the size of the file CAllMonitor.Keys bigger than zero bytes?

Where else do you have the file CAllMonitor.dll?

archimede

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2005
    Stuttgart, Germany
    HdWagner said:
    - You enter C.All configuration once (This adds a registry entry which points all the LCD software plugins to the file CAllMonitor.dll)
    - The LCDStudio plugin doesn't find this dll. This is because the dll is not where it's supposed to be or because the registry setting was not written. Just starting and exiting C.All configuration should do this - but maybe you need an administrator login? I'm not sure about that.

Hi HdWagner,
    I am trying to use this very interesting plugin with LCD Smartie and I have the same problem with the CAllMonitor.dll file.
    I have followed all yours indications, but the file is still not found.
    Which is registry entry that should be created?
    Thanks for helping.

Dazzlercee

Portal Member
    June 27, 2006
    I can only get this plugin to work with Smartie if I copy the CAllMonitor.dll file to the windows/system32 folder. If I leave it in the MediaPortal/Plugins/Process/C.All folder it is not found.

archimede

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2005
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Dazzlercee said:
    I can only get this plugin to work with Smartie if I copy the CAllMonitor.dll file to the windows/system32 folder. If I leave it in the MediaPortal/Plugins/Process/C.All folder it is not found.
    Thanks a lot Dazzlercee, it seems that putting this file there is the only way to avoid the problem!
    By the way, which lines have you inserted in Smartie to have it working?

Dazzlercee

Portal Member
    June 27, 2006
    Just trying to get my head around it at the moment. The first step was to get it working...lol. If you have any tips let me know. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom