C#.NET Plugin Writing Tutorial (1 Viewer)

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
jon230873 said:
I have tried the plugin document, again another Delphi programmer trying to make it in the world of C#
Welcome to the club! I'm a Delphi veteran too :)

Can't find the guilib refrence
Yeah, meanwhile guilib is integrated in CORE.DLL, so simply add
a reference to CORE instead of guilib and it should be fine.

and unsure what step 12 is staying.

Well the ISetupForm is the "interface to implement" which means that your plugin class MUST at least contain all the procedures listed in step 12.
This is what will be done in step 14.

To indicate that you want to implement this interface, you have to add the ISetupForm like this:

Code:
public class SetupForm : System.Windows.Forms.Form, ISetupForm
{
 [....]
}

which means that SetupForm inherits from the FORM class but at the same time implements ISetupForm.

Hope that helps.... otherwise just ask!

Daniel

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
I usually just delete the other folders out of a plugins folder and start adding my own files. The references will already be there for the other 'in-cvs' plugins.

L

luth

Any ideas on why a plugin won't show up in configure when copied to the plugins\windows directory?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
luth said:
Any ideas on why a plugin won't show up in configure when copied to the plugins\windows directory?
Luth, what version of MP are you using? If you build a setup with the current CVS, added plugin-dlls do not show up in configuration.exe, if they are not included in the setup package. This should be fixed until the next release version. So for now, if using the CVS version, do not use setup.msi to install MP. Copy it from your release folder for now and the plugin will show up again.

L

luth

samuel337 said:
luth said:

Did you implement the ISetupForm interface?

Post the code that you have here and people might be able to help you...

Sam

Sorry, I used the code from the PDF. I did however add the HasSetup()

The MediaPortal version I attempted to use the plugin with is v0.1.0.9

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom