C#.NET Plugin Writing Tutorial (1 Viewer)

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
This tutorial has been placed on the documentation page and can be downloaded directly here.

This tutorial covers the basics of writing a plugin for Media Portal in Visual Studio. It is by no means comprehensive and will be updated when more information is written on interfacing with skins and the front screens.

For those of you who have already written plugins please give feedback and/or let me know if I did anything wrong.

Those of you who are just writing your first plugin (like me) please let me know if you were misguided anywhere.

http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/documentation/MediaPortalPluginHowTo_Adobe.pdf

A

Anonymous

Great! A Plug-in writing tutorial is just what I missed all the time. Couldn't this tutorial go under the documentation section on the MediaPortal site?

Personally, I think it's important that it's easy to create plugins. A lot of plugins will make the userbase bigger and MediaPortal more interesting for more people. Wouldn't it also be nice if there were a download section on the site, where plugins could be downloaded. That would create a better overview of what is available all together, so you don't miss a user because, for example, there is no browser in MediaPortal.

/Martin

A

Anonymous

So far so good. So what's next? How do you create the screen within MP itself, using the skin engine etc?

good work Jadz

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
This is great! Thanks for this jadz, been stuck for a few days trying to figure it out ;-)

If you don't mind, I may use your howto as a base for a VB.NET howto, for those who are new to programming or are VB.NET programmers.

Sam

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
I am hoping that some of the other plugin writiers will contribute too, seeing as there was a lot of ground not covered, such XML config/skins etc.

samuel337 said:
If you don't mind, I may use your howto as a base for a VB.NET howto, for those who are new to programming or are VB.NET programmers.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    could you give use the original word document also?
    That way we can easily edit it if things change & extended with more information

Frodo

A

Anonymous

First of all great work on the tutorial, I am sure many will find it useful. My input: make this topic a sticky so that nobody misses out on this :)

Messiah

Portal Member
    August 30, 2004
    Sweden
    I would prefer some more choices in the site navigator as you can't expect everyone to surf the forums to get the basic stuff.

Its like the graphic part. There are now a lot of cool banners in the forums. They should resist under the download section or a marketing section in the site navigation. Comprende!

:x \Rob

A

Anonymous

Messiah said:
    I would prefer some more choices in the site navigator as you can't expect everyone to surf the forums to get the basic stuff.

Its like the graphic part. There are now a lot of cool banners in the forums. They should resist under the download section or a marketing section in the site navigation. Comprende!

:x \Rob

We understand, but I am sure it all boil down to time for most of us, real life stuff comes first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom