CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 (4 Viewers)

Tsaukpaetra

Portal Member
February 18, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You can also check this thread about more info on the "TVE35" builds, where mm's hardware providers are included: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/testbuilds-for-mp1-tve35.116924/

The latest experimental git test branch is EXP-TVE3.5_SEB_MERGE_Testing_Only and if you want to try this version without any dependency to MP1, you can give the MP2 version a test run: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ive-mp2-tv-updated-for-winter-release.114068/
Ok, well I finished downloading the master Git.
Trying to launch the TestApp, I'm having issues.
Referring to This post by st0rmcat, he seems to have made it work, but no code was posted...
I'm trying to reference what DiskHead said he had to do to get that project to run, but I'm still kinda stuck ;)
Of course, for some reason it wasn't finding several dll files so I had to copy them into the debug folder, not sure if that has anything to do.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    OK... so they've published 1.3.0 FINAL now -- do we know if it has CableCard "code" in the TV Server?

PABeaver

Portal Member
    November 12, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Home Country
    I just got a HDHomeRun Prime, and after reading through the thread, I am wondering if anyone has a working solution? It appears to not work with Beta, but maybe with 1.3 Alfa?

I use a multiseat setup and am wondering how people are using their CableCard in this type of environment (with MP or without), especially with copy-once content? I am thinking of recording the broadcast stations on the server, and the protected channels on my HTPC in the main room. Any suggestions?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mm never published the source... so it won't be in MP until he do :/

Tsaukpaetra

Portal Member
    February 18, 2013
    Home Country
    I think it's include for TVE35, but it's an WIP branch :)
    I'm still trying to get things to work. I think I managed to select the branch entitled "EXP-TVE3.5_SEB_MERGE_Testing_Only", but so far I have no idea why Visual Studio refuses to open anything related to the TV server.... Oh well. Slow progress is still progress, right?

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    I was very excited to find this thread! I am a software developer with only a little experience with MediaPortal, but I have experience with BDA and PBDA developing with another application (dvbe4sage extender for SageTV). I also was just able to confirm that my cable provider will provide a cablecard that will work with the HDHomeRun Prime. Once mm gets back I will contact him and if looks good, I will order the prime and the cablecard and hopefully be able to help him out getting it to work.

I will also be checking back here to see if anyone is able to make progress in his absence :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom